Photo_1162978.jpg

Photo_1162977.jpg

Photo_1162974.jpg

Photo_1162972.jpg

Photo_1162969.jpg

Jun 1, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Photo_1162974.jpg

You know, one thing that seems almost odd in those pictures, is how everything is piled up on one big table in the middle, and everyone's sitting in chairs surrounding the table. It's like it's a big battle arena, and one person goes up and chooses a pair of headphones, and another person goes up and chooses another, and Pow! the battle is on! Which cans will the challenger choose? Which headphone will reign supreme?!

(here's another pic from another thread for comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Photo_1163258.jpg

Jun 1, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
You know, one thing that seems almost odd in those pictures, is how everything is piled up on one big table in the middle, and everyone's sitting in chairs surrounding the table. It's like it's a big battle arena, and one person goes up and chooses a pair of headphones, and another person goes up and chooses another, and Pow! the battle is on! Which cans will the challenger choose? Which headphone will reign supreme?!

Gee, it isn't like you'd expect a few cultural differences in the way social gatherings are organized...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Gee, it isn't like you'd expect a few cultural differences in the way social gatherings are organized...
rolleyes.gif

Well, I think it's more about whether those people around were new to Hi-Fi or not. I wouldn't allow newbies to use an expensive equipment without a clear explanation.

Jun 1, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 8
It still seems more formal than most gatherings I've seen pictures of (or been to) in the U.S./Europe... I figured that was a cultural thing, but could be wrong.

Jun 1, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
It still seems more formal than most gatherings I've seen pictures of (or been to) in the U.S./Europe... I figured that was a cultural thing, but could be wrong.

Not wrong, there's a cultural background for sure, I agree that the meeting seems to be more formal/less individual. It depends how the meeting has been organized and who organize it and hosted it (individuals, company...)

Jun 1, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 8
?

We should be discussing the great gears they have there, instead of discussing cultural differences. Frankly I am amazed they have such nice gear. Way to go fellow headfiers in the far east!

Jun 2, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 8
Ooh nice meet! A lot of nice gear and people - it must have been fun!
biggrin.gif

Two questions though...

Where was this meet? Beijing?

Are all those people Head-Fi members or members of another online (or offline, I suppose) headphone gathering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back