china head-fi club
Jun 1, 2004 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

powerful

New Head-Fier
Joined
May 31, 2004
Posts
11
Likes
0
some players come toghter
Photo_1162978.jpg

Photo_1162977.jpg

Photo_1162974.jpg

Photo_1162972.jpg

Photo_1162969.jpg
 
Jun 1, 2004 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 8

Chinchy

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Posts
1,111
Likes
10
Quote:

Photo_1162974.jpg


You know, one thing that seems almost odd in those pictures, is how everything is piled up on one big table in the middle, and everyone's sitting in chairs surrounding the table. It's like it's a big battle arena, and one person goes up and chooses a pair of headphones, and another person goes up and chooses another, and Pow! the battle is on! Which cans will the challenger choose? Which headphone will reign supreme?!

(here's another pic from another thread for comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Photo_1163258.jpg


 
Jun 1, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 8

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 23, 2003
Posts
9,559
Likes
33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
You know, one thing that seems almost odd in those pictures, is how everything is piled up on one big table in the middle, and everyone's sitting in chairs surrounding the table. It's like it's a big battle arena, and one person goes up and chooses a pair of headphones, and another person goes up and chooses another, and Pow! the battle is on! Which cans will the challenger choose? Which headphone will reign supreme?!


Gee, it isn't like you'd expect a few cultural differences in the way social gatherings are organized...
rolleyes.gif
 
Jun 1, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 8

Permonic

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Posts
1,178
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Gee, it isn't like you'd expect a few cultural differences in the way social gatherings are organized...
rolleyes.gif



Well, I think it's more about whether those people around were new to Hi-Fi or not. I wouldn't allow newbies to use an expensive equipment without a clear explanation.
 
Jun 1, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 8

fewtch

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 23, 2003
Posts
9,559
Likes
33
It still seems more formal than most gatherings I've seen pictures of (or been to) in the U.S./Europe... I figured that was a cultural thing, but could be wrong.
 
Jun 1, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 8

Permonic

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 12, 2003
Posts
1,178
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
It still seems more formal than most gatherings I've seen pictures of (or been to) in the U.S./Europe... I figured that was a cultural thing, but could be wrong.


Not wrong, there's a cultural background for sure, I agree that the meeting seems to be more formal/less individual. It depends how the meeting has been organized and who organize it and hosted it (individuals, company...)
 
Jun 1, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 8

ampgalore

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Posts
2,739
Likes
10
?

We should be discussing the great gears they have there, instead of discussing cultural differences. Frankly I am amazed they have such nice gear. Way to go fellow headfiers in the far east!
 
Jun 2, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #8 of 8

doobooloo

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 3, 2002
Posts
2,544
Likes
11
Ooh nice meet! A lot of nice gear and people - it must have been fun!
biggrin.gif


Two questions though...

Where was this meet? Beijing?

Are all those people Head-Fi members or members of another online (or offline, I suppose) headphone gathering?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top