Chicago Mini Meet - Saturday May 14th
Apr 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #17 of 91
Well it looks like I might just be able to make this one and meet some of you Midwesterners. Date is good per work schedule, just need to confirm the family commitments and I can drive down for the day. Pity you can't make it Rob, I would have liked to hear your Leben. 

..dB

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #18 of 91
I will miss you guys, but I won't exactly be bumming - I will get to audition the system described and picture here:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/road-trip-page-3

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #19 of 91
Well it looks like I might just be able to make this one and meet some of you Midwesterners. Date is good per work schedule, just need to confirm the family commitments and I can drive down for the day. Pity you can't make it Rob, I would have liked to hear your Leben. 

..dB

Hope everything works out for you to make the meet. Down to 5 weeks to the meet.. I did just get my TWag V2 speaker adapter shipped on Friday so it should be here for the meet.

I will miss you guys, but I won't exactly be bumming - I will get to audition the system described and picture here:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/road-trip-page-3

That is quite the system. That is a long road trip from Chicago.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #21 of 91
I am seriously disappointed. I was reminded yesterday that I had agreed to talk at a symposium on the 14th. (and this was after I had smoothed the family into accepting that I would be gone for the day) I would so much rather be hanging out with you all but it was not to be. Have fun at Ray's, hopefully I can join you at the next meet..dB

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 91
I dont know how I missed this official thread!!  I'll get back to you with what I'm bringing.

Whatever you want to bring is fine.

I am seriously disappointed. I was reminded yesterday that I had agreed to talk at a symposium on the 14th. (and this was after I had smoothed the family into accepting that I would be gone for the day) I would so much rather be hanging out with you all but it was not to be. Have fun at Ray's, hopefully I can join you at the next meet..dB

That is an unfortunate conflict but some priorities are even higher than a head-fi meet. :)

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #27 of 91
I just want to see what head-fi mini-meet is like.
confused_face(1).gif

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #29 of 91
I should be able to make it out. Which makes me very happy as every single Chicago meet so far I have been busy with some kind of choral event. I'll be bringing some ecp audio amp, whether it is my current hybrid or a super charged version of his DSHA. I've got a meridian 508.24 and Grado hp1000's as well. I have jvlgatos LCD-2 and I will run it by him if he would be ok if they made an appearance. Will be nice to see you guys again.

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #30 of 91
I should be able to make it out. Which makes me very happy as every single Chicago meet so far I have been busy with some kind of choral event. I'll be bringing some ecp audio amp, whether it is my current hybrid or a super charged version of his DSHA. I've got a meridian 508.24 and Grado hp1000's as well. I have jvlgatos LCD-2 and I will run it by him if he would be ok if they made an appearance. Will be nice to see you guys again.

It should be a good Saturday in Chicago.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back