Chicago "ChiUniFi" August 13th 2016 Meet Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #32 of 38
I would blame the phone also. Thank you for the laugh, Brent. It was a good one.
It had to be the phone spelling remember I'm from Kentucky ; )

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #34 of 38
Thanks for a great meet and everyone welcoming the interloper from Kentucky I had a really good time. The only problem I had is the power went out before I got to hear the Elear's ; ) The Utopias are the real deal though it was nice to hear them. It was nice to see a couple of people I already knew and meeting everyone else. Hearing the Kenzie again is going to be bad for my wallet and with the Utopias hooked up to it just wasn't fair.

When I returned the Kenzie to Justin, he mention he would like to hear your comments on how the Kenzie performed with the Focal Utopia that you had a chance to listen to before the great power outage.

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #35 of 38
When I returned the Kenzie to Justin, he mention he would like to hear your comments on how the Kenzie performed with the Focal Utopia that you had a chance to listen to before the great power outage.
I did not hear the Utopias on any thing else. You are trying hard to make me buy it aren't you ; ) The Kenzie was awesome with my Ether C's when I heard it at Canlanta and it was no surprise it sounded great with the Utopias . I have no reference with the Utopias though. It's on the top of my short list of my next amp just wished I could have hooked it up to my Yggy and get a real feel of how it would fit into my rig. I was wanting to hear it again with my C's but the Great Power Outage killed a lot of my plans .

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #36 of 38
  boy, lots of mention of the power going out!!  let us remember that it went out when there was 1.5 hours left at the meet.  what the heck were you slackers doing since 10 am?

I had already started to pack up for a good 5-10min. as I had a long ride back before the power went out.

BUT BOY HOW ABOUT THAT POWER GOING OUT AND THEM STEPS...
redface.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #37 of 38

I had already started to pack up for a good 5-10min. as I had a long ride back before the power went out.

BUT BOY HOW ABOUT THAT POWER GOING OUT AND THEM STEPS...
redface.gif

yeah, no kidding.  Big thanks to all those who carried my crap down those steps.  I did not expect that.  and I love how the smallest guy got stuck with my main amp.  must have been like 40 lbs.

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #38 of 38
reaching out to you guys, as I have come to respect your knowledge base specifically.  I may have lost my 160GB ipod.  so I might be in the market for a new digital player.  is there anything out there that is at least that big (or expandable), that might play nice with itunes?  looking for some recommendations.  

I dont mean to clutter up this thread, so if you want to PM me, or throw me some links to some good threads on the subject, it would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back