Chicago August/September Meet Brainstorming
Jun 16, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #31 of 53
Just saw that this thread is up and running again. sweet. I am there. I think old town is a good place, and I know a couple teachers there who could possibly help us out on how to get space.. I am new, and I have never been to a hp meet. what kind of space do we need? Do we have special needs? There are lots of local colleges who could offer up some space.. if there are students out there, they may even be able to reserve them for very little bread. I have quite a few connections at Elmhurst College, which is right on the west side of chicago. I may be able to score some space there. wont be glamorous, but it may suit our needs. although I dont know what our needs are. either way, I'm excited to meet some hp'ers.

Jul 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #39 of 53
From experience I'd say if the date and place are not nailed down soon, it's not likely to happen. I hosted the last one so someone else needs to step up
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From experience I'd say if the date and place are not nailed down soon, it's not likely to happen. I hosted the last one so someone else needs to step up
biggrin.gif

I concur - someone needs to step up to the plate and swing for the fences.

Cue omnipresent voice...

"...IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME..."

Someone, lock down a place, time, date, post a brand new thread, and voila! You have a meet.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #43 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sizewise is this gonna be bigger than the other Chicago meet on November? Chinucifi-fi (lol I don't know how to spell it OTOMH)

Uh, no. As others have said, if a time and place have not been locked down yet, it is unlikely (probably not) going to happen by the end of August.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #44 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, no. As others have said, if a time and place have not been locked down yet, it is unlikely (probably not) going to happen by the end of August.

Yup - at this point it might be best just to save up our energy and wait for Chiunifi in november. If someone wants to throw a mini meet I am down, but all it takes is for someone to step up, make the post, and have a place and time. I am sure people will show up, whether it be 5 or 20 people its all good.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #45 of 53
Hey Guys,

We might be able to have this at my place in Algonquin, IL.
It is easy to get to as my house is right off of Randal Road and very near I-90. If you left on a Sat. Morning from downtown it would be anywhere from 45min-1.3 hour drive. We can have a Metra Pickup for those who would prefer not to drive at the Big Timber station in Elgin. Sorry, no El.

I was thinking about August 2nd as a date since it would give ample time to prepare for Chiunify.

The meet would be in the basement, which is fully finished. There is a bathroom, guest room, very large main area, large bar, card table, pool table, darts, extremely large corner (L shape) couch (seat about 8-10 people) + extra seating, 67" widescreen HDTV, etc.

There would be plenty of room for people to set up and of course extra tables would be brought in to accommodate. We have had parties down there of 40 people with plenty of room, so I don't imagine space would be an issue.

There is a large, shaded patio with a gas firepit, hanging fountain, sound system, fully landscaped, and plenty of seating as well if we decide to take a break to get some sun.

Tell me what you guys think!
*Cheers*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back