Chicago August/September Meet Brainstorming
May 24, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #16 of 53
Another Chicago meet - excellent!

I'm probably in unless it's the first or second weekend in August (I'll be in the north woods).

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #18 of 53
I keep saying I'll make these, and I keep not making them.

Lets hope this time is different. I can see what Redo's up to and car pool with him to wherever we need to as well.

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates3000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am trying to find a place for the meet for the 9th or 10th of August, Sat. or Sun. Does anyone know of some good, cheap places in downtown Chicago?

Well that's tough (almost an oxymoron) but ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates3000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just contacted Harold Washington Library to see if they could accomodate us. If it works out, how would you all feel about it as a spot?

This seems like a good idea. As I recall they had some nice meeting rooms. Once a date and place have been decided I can start an official thread to keep track of participants and gear.

Jun 6, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #23 of 53
I can call some hotels in the suburbs (thinking Naperville/Bolingbrook area) if you guys are willing to make a little longer drive. Let me know if this sounds good or not.

Also, I'd personally like to have this in mid/late July, but again we ought to decide based on the needs of the majority.

Jun 8, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #24 of 53
Harold Washington Library will not let us have the event there. Here is the reply I finally got.

Thank you for your interest in renting our meeting rooms. Unfortunately, the Meeting Rooms are only to be used for private meetings and not events, promotions, displays or sales opportunities to the general public or library patrons. Therefore, we will not be able to rent space to you for your event.
Thanks, xxxxxxxx
Director Corporate & Private Events

Jun 8, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #27 of 53
A friend of mine is one of the managers of a brand new Best Western Hotel and Convention Center in Sandwich, IL called Best Western Timber Creek. They have several meeting rooms the size of what you're looking for and I can get a great deal on them. 25,000 sq feet of configurable meeting space that can be configured any shape and size you want. Sandwich is kind of far from downtown via 88 then south, I know, but it's not that bad, and a nice drive. Easy acess from all the northwest, southwest and western burbs. On RT 34. PM me if interested and I'll put you in contact with Ron at the hotel.
Bernie

Jun 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #28 of 53
I am open to most places in the Chicagoland area. I would prefer some time in July or maybe August.

You can count on me being there though!

I will be bringing a bunch of stuff, count on it! And even perhaps a friend or two.

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #29 of 53
I bet the Old Town School of Folk Music on Lincoln Ave in Chicago (a school which I am a member!) would allow people to use the main hall for very little cost, or their "soccer club" meeting room (dont ask, no one knows why its called that) for even less.

Frost

Jun 16, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #30 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet the Old Town School of Folk Music on Lincoln Ave in Chicago (a school which I am a member!) would allow people to use the main hall for very little cost, or their "soccer club" meeting room (dont ask, no one knows why its called that) for even less.

Frost

If you can check on that and send me the details via PM or email I would be glad to follow-up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back