Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA 2015
Mar 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #91 of 204
Is anyone planing on bringing a DNA Audio Stratus or Zana Deux SE? I would love to check these amps out

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #92 of 204
Could you photoshop the torso of the model in the poster any further, please?

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #93 of 204
Hello midwesterners - as a fledgling Head-Fi-er located near Madison, WI I plan on making a day trip to Chicago on 4/25 to experience my first audio show of any variety.  Full disclosure - the only expo of any kind I've ever been to was/is the annual beer and cheese expo in Madison.  I'm hoping this will be at least that good. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #94 of 204
  Hello midwesterners - as a fledgling Head-Fi-er located near Madison, WI I plan on making a day trip to Chicago on 4/25 to experience my first audio show of any variety.  Full disclosure - the only expo of any kind I've ever been to was/is the annual beer and cheese expo in Madison.  I'm hoping this will be at least that good. 
biggrin.gif

Nothing is that good. I'm afraid you've already plateaued. 

(But, seriously, this is going to be a nice audio show!)

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #96 of 204
Well, I finally got a shipping notification for my LHLabs Pulse Xfi!  If there is strong enough interest, I can bring it plus the matching LPS to the meet.

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #97 of 204
Anyone been to Axpona before? And how are headphone/equipment deals usually? I am looking at Sennheiser HD 700 or any other mid-high end headphones. And possibly AMP + DACs.

Any sweet deals for attendees? Thanks!

Mar 7, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #99 of 204
Anyone been to Axpona before? And how are headphone/equipment deals usually? I am looking at Sennheiser HD 700 or any other mid-high end headphones. And possibly AMP + DACs.

Not many deals I recall. If you are there Sunday afternoon, I have heard there maybe some deals to be had so they do not have be to ship things back. :)

Mar 8, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #100 of 204
As I am sure people will be walking around all day, what do you guys think about setting a time for everyone to actually meet?  How about lunch on Saturday about 12:45?  thats after the room optomizing talk.  we could meet in our room, then head for lunch, or stay for lunch.  not sure what the lunch options are yet.  but it could at least guarantee where everyone might be at once.

just a thought.  ideas?

Mar 8, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #101 of 204
I cannot yet commit to my attendance. But I'd love to go. I'll have to check my schedule.

I must say, I'm most excited to try out some of the Wizard's IEMs. I've heard that they are smooth, bright, warm, musical, analytical, and above all else fantastic! It is confusing, finally I be able to see how they are for my ears.

I'm also stoked to try some of the higher end offerings from Mr Speakers. I spent a good amount of time with the Mad Dog 3.0 but they left something to be desired in my mind.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #102 of 204

Due to various reasons, show specials aren't always publicized beforehand. Don't be shy to ask around at the show, many exhibitors may be able to help you out.  Ex. This year Noble will be offering free ear mold impressions and no sales tax with the purchase of any custom product.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #103 of 204
Due to various reasons, show specials aren't always publicized beforehand. Don't be shy to ask around at the show, many exhibitors may be able to help you out.  Ex. This year Noble will be offering free ear mold impressions and no sales tax with the purchase of any custom product.

I would be careful about the tax issue. Even if they do not have nexus in IL, IL has a use tax

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #104 of 204

I would be careful about the tax issue. Even if they do not have nexus in IL, IL has a use tax

No sales tax on universals as well and the idea here is not that we will skip paying tax all together, it's that the prices will be inclusive of tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back