Chicago area Headphone Meet JUNE 27th 2015 "ChiUniFi 9"
Jun 26, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #167 of 189

Haha, obviously I'm not expecting that from an Audeze. I'm a bassist and a big bass fan in general, but I've never really heard a fully "dark" headphone I've liked. Thus, my curiosity about Audeze. 

On the HiFiMan thing, I think I'm going to try to track down my stock HE500 grills for you tonight. I have a mod configuration that might surprise you. It's like an HD650 on steroids.

Swing by the HA-1 setup and wow me.

Kojaku

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #168 of 189
:sigh: :facedesk: :facedesk: :facedesk: 

Just drove five hours back from the Metro Detroit area to Chicago to discover that my wife left her work on a table at her mothers house back in Waterford, MI. ;_; 

So, I have 10 hours + of driving ahead of me to go get her Macbook Air and come back. Will try to make it out there to socialize tomorrow if I'm not too drop dead tired, but I won't be bringing a table or gear with me at all. Apologies to anyone that wanted to hear any items from my list! 

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #169 of 189
  :sigh: :facedesk: :facedesk: :facedesk: 

Just drove five hours back from the Metro Detroit area to Chicago to discover that my wife left her work on a table at her mothers house back in Waterford, MI. ;_; 

So, I have 10 hours + of driving ahead of me to go get her Macbook Air and come back. Will try to make it out there to socialize tomorrow if I'm not too drop dead tired, but I won't be bringing a table or gear with me at all. Apologies to anyone that wanted to hear any items from my list! 

Dang, I hope you can still make it out to the meet! Good luck with that drive. Yuck.

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #170 of 189

Haha, obviously I'm not expecting that from an Audeze. I'm a bassist and a big bass fan in general, but I've never really heard a fully "dark" headphone I've liked. Thus, my curiosity about Audeze. 

On the HiFiMan thing, I think I'm going to try to track down my stock HE500 grills for you tonight. I have a mod configuration that might surprise you. It's like an HD650 on steroids.

Swing by the HA-1 setup and wow me.

Kojaku

Most definitely! I'm not sure how much they'll "wow" you, now that you've got a taste of the HE1000, lol!  But the treble is pretty gentle on the ears when I put the stock grills back on. :)

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #173 of 189
 I hope to make it to the meet . I am probably just going to bring my akg 701 phones. Maybe some cds I will  not be able stay for the whole meet but am hoping to hear some interesting set ups.
Hope to see you early tomorrow .If skylab is going I would like to meet him .Is ray samuels going to be there ? If so I might bring my raptor amp. I have talked with him but not in a long time. I had mentioned to him how much my hi-fi tuning fuse improved the sound of the amp. Hope to meet some fellow headphiles and maybe make some connections and or new friends.

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #174 of 189
Argh! My Beyer T1's right driver is not working. Seems more like a wiring issue than an actual driver issue, because it's just silent... but all the connections seem to be intact! Trying to find a fix here, but there's a good chance it won't be fixed in time for tomorrow. Might bring my HD800 instead. I'll update the thread if I get it working.

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #175 of 189
   I hope to make it to the meet . I am probably just going to bring my akg 701 phones. Maybe some cds I will  not be able stay for the whole meet but am hoping to hear some interesting set ups.
Hope to see you early tomorrow .If skylab is going I would like to meet him .Is ray samuels going to be there ? If so I might bring my raptor amp. I have talked with him but not in a long time. I had mentioned to him how much my hi-fi tuning fuse improved the sound of the amp. Hope to meet some fellow headphiles and maybe make some connections and or new friends.

I talked to Ray but don't you if he will be able to make it.  If he does, it will be just to stop in and say hi to everyone.  

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #176 of 189
Looks like my Beyer T1 is out for tomorrow. :frowning2:

The connections all seem to check out with the multimeter, so whatever is wrong is probably beyond my level of expertise.

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #177 of 189
Finished setting up the room.  hopefully there will be room for everyone and their setups.  Please bring power strips and extension cords if you can.  its always better to have too many.  I have power going to each area, but we will need power strips.

Darin Fongs Demo will be playing next to my stax setup.  Please take a minute to listen to it.  its a pretty interesting experience.  Jack Hamm could likely offer some insight on it as well.

If anyone has any gear they would like to sell, feel free to bring it to the meet.  I am selling a pair of Hifiman HE-300's and will have them set up for anyone who wants to check them out.

If anyone can bring some snacks/water/coffee/pop/etc. that would be a nice thing to have.  I did not organize that this time.

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #180 of 189
SWEET. At the St.Louis meet I could not get on the internet and it was foobar (ASIO) 320kbps dnb songs. They sound very nice but I think the Tidal has just a bit of an edge on them sq wise and way more genres than just dnb. 

The world needs more Drum and Bass!!!!

PS, I'm a 100% yes, but I willing be a bit late arriving.

Are we still thinking about dinner/drinks afterwards?

See ya'll soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back