Chicago area Headphone Meet JUNE 27th 2015 "ChiUniFi 9"
Jun 25, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #136 of 189
I spoke with @Stillhart and he has graciously granted permission to bring along his lovely Audio-GD DAC-19 anniversary edition. This is pretty awesome since we'll have the original and the replacement on hand at the same event.

Just so we have an accurate list, here's what I'm confirming that I'll bring to the event. Some of the things that I said were a possibility didn't make the cut for one reason or another so this is what to expect:

Audio-GD DAC-19 (10th)
Philips Fidelio X2
LH Labs Geek Out Signature Edition
Violectric HPA V181

I'm going to have my modded HE400i on hand as well. They're more for sale than demoing since there will be 2 pairs of 400i on display, but if people want to listen to the differences between modded and stock then that's a possibility. And I'll have the FiiO E11, same reason as the HE400i.

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #137 of 189
I think I might bring my Burson HA-160 as well... I wouldn't mind hearing that with a few different DACs. It's just such a pain to lug around!

I can also bring the Ultrasone Pro900 and/or VModa M100 if anybody wants to hear them.

Do we need water/soda/chips, etc.? I have a Sam's Club membership. Let me know.

Jun 25, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #139 of 189

Hi,I am a girl and living in Chicago just few months. I will try my best to find you. ^^

Oh, my bad. Well, if you're actually interested in crashing with us, then just PM me.

Kojaku

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #140 of 189
@Kojaku will you be bringing your famous modded SR-225i? Or is that long, long gone?

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #141 of 189
  @Kojaku will you be bringing your famous modded SR-225i? Or is that long, long gone?

Hohoho, someone has been around awhile, lol. Y'know what, why not. I'll bring em. They're technically my fiance's, since I gifted them to her, but she's out of town so....

Kojaku

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #142 of 189

Hohoho, someone has been around awhile, lol. Y'know what, why not. I'll bring em. They're technically my fiance's, since I gifted them to her, but she's out of town so....

Kojaku

Haha! I read the Innerfidelity article and your tutorial while doing my own Grado mods. I ended up doing something different, but I've always been curious! Thanks dude.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #143 of 189
The microZOTL arrived from Urban HIFI today for attendees to hear at this Saturday's Chicago Head-Fi meet. I must say I am amazed at its ability to drive the HiFiMAN HE6. Thanks Urban HIFI for allowing the group to audition it.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #144 of 189
[COLOR=141823]The microZOTL arrived from Urban HIFI today for attendees to hear at this Saturday's Chicago Head-Fi meet. I must say I am amazed at its ability to drive the HiFiMAN HE6. Thanks Urban HIFI for allowing the group to audition it.[/COLOR]

My #1 reason for coming to the meet, the Zolt HE1k combo.

Kicking myself for not buying Kojaku's little dot few weeks ago as a local pickup.

Tried the oppo ha1 with my beta he1k and wasn't impressed at all, almost seemed a little underpowered even though the specs said 3 watts.

Still undecided if I'm going to keep the He1k. Hoping the meet will help me decide.

Jun 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #146 of 189
[COLOR=141823]The microZOTL arrived from Urban HIFI today for attendees to hear at this Saturday's Chicago Head-Fi meet. I must say I am amazed at its ability to drive the HiFiMAN HE6. Thanks Urban HIFI for allowing the group to audition it.[/COLOR]

Is someone bringing an HE-6? I've always wanted to hear one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back