Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #151 of 163

I've had notifications not show up as well. Your notifications are not worth much either when you give people hardly any time between the announcement of the meet and the actual meet. Pretty much make it impossible for out of towners to attend.

first of all, My comment to darius was in jest.  second.  I do believe that setting up thread notifications is something often missed by some people.  So, make sure you double check your settings to make sure your set up for instant notifications.

Thirdly, the last notification was 3 weeks out.  how much time do you need?  A simple request for more lead time would be more respectful and helpful then telling me how worthless the notifications are.  Be part of the solution dude.

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #152 of 163
3 months would be a whole lot nicer. My work likes 6 weeks notice and we work as many Saturdays and Sundays as were off so I have to ask off those days to be on the safe side.

I look at the meet forum once a week tops, sometimes just once a month because they are usually planned out 2-3 months in advanced. When I found out about this meet I had 1 maybe 2 weeks. No where near enough time to ask off and we had an inventory so I had to work.

Would you make it to the STL. meet if you found out a week before it happened? Maybe you might make an attempt but I don't think anyone at the STL meet would blame you if you had to work. The STL meet is not until April 30th and the date has been set for a few days already.

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #153 of 163
3 months would be a whole lot nicer. My work likes 6 weeks notice and we work as many Saturdays and Sundays as were off so I have to ask off those days to be on the safe side.

I look at the meet forum once a week tops, sometimes just once a month because they are usually planned out 2-3 months in advanced. When I found out about this meet I had 1 maybe 2 weeks. No where near enough time to ask off and we had an inventory so I had to work.

Would you make it to the STL. meet if you found out a week before it happened? Maybe you might make an attempt but I don't think anyone at the STL meet would blame you if you had to work. The STL meet is not until April 30th and the date has been set for a few days already.
I think you are being a tad unreasonable here. Was it short notice yes but maybe the room opening and their time called for it to be on that date. I was traveling about the same distance as you but I don't have the work restrictions you do so I was able to make it . I really appreciate the people who take their time to throw these meets together as they are not under any obligation to do so. I don't believe there is a date set for a STL meet yet as I was intending on attending the next one as I fell ill on the last one. I heard about the Chicago meet from notifications on the STL meet thread so go figure. April 30 th is on a Sunday this year that was the date of the spring meet last year. So James I would take a step back as these people host these things using their time and effort without monetary gain for their love of this hobby that we enjoy also. Hope to see you in STL.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #154 of 163
I think you are being a tad unreasonable here. Was it short notice yes but maybe the room opening and their time called for it to be on that date. I was traveling about the same distance as you but I don't have the work restrictions you do so I was able to make it . I really appreciate the people who take their time to throw these meets together as they are not under any obligation to do so. I don't believe there is a date set for a STL meet yet as I was intending on attending the next one as I fell ill on the last one. I heard about the Chicago meet from notifications on the STL meet thread so go figure. April 30 th is on a Sunday this year that was the date of the spring meet last year. So James I would take a step back as these people host these things using their time and effort without monetary gain for their love of this hobby that we enjoy also. Hope to see you in STL.

Nvm .. found it!

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #155 of 163
Feb 20, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #157 of 163
Feb 21, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #158 of 163

Yeah I'm pretty much done with headphones anyway. Keep up the good fight sir.

Feb 21, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #160 of 163
I found the thread for the STL meet, so I edited my post to say that I found it, so never mind.
My brain was tired the nvm just flew right over my head ; )

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #161 of 163
Yeah I'm pretty much done with headphones anyway. Keep up the good fight sir.

Surely you jest. You have been so involved, I can not believe that. You have had the Apex Teton and the Ravenwood plus some really nice DACs and headphones. I recall you even having a Stax rig. You were a good customer of Todd at TTVJ Audio.

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #162 of 163
Surely you jest. You have been so involved, I can not believe that. You have had the Apex Teton and the Ravenwood plus some really nice DACs and headphones. I recall you even having a Stax rig. You were a good customer of Todd at TTVJ Audio.

Yeah I'm holding on to hd800's and that's it. I'd give a sweet deal on the Ravenswood/dsha4. Decided to go in a different direction with some vintage japan speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back