Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #32 of 163
Ugh, this is making me want to try and figure out how to get out of my nephew's birthday party..

we'll be there all day.  although it is quite a drive.

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #34 of 163
He just has a 45 drive over as I have an extra seat in my car.

I really can't, wife has already warned me lol... My nephews birthday party which also happens to be at our place from 1 to 3 :frowning2:  

Will catch everyone on the next event... As for Audio Addict.. I am still up for a mini meet at your place after those new pads come in :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #35 of 163
  I really can't, wife has already warned me lol... My nephews birthday party which also happens to be at our place from 1 to 3 :frowning2:  

Will catch everyone on the next event... As for Audio Addict.. I am still up for a mini meet at your place after those new pads come in :)

It is looking like the weekend of the 21st as it has to be in Philly the weekend of the 28th.  Maybe the Sunday as I forgot about the Beatles Tribute band that we have tickets for Saturday.

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #38 of 163
Ill be there
cool.gif

Bringing: schiit jotunheim and he500 (hopefully)

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #39 of 163
I was talking with Jason at The Source AV about getting the new Sony MDR Z1R, which is getting great reviews. Jason had a better idea. He offered to partner up with Warren Chi, CEO of Cavalli Audio and come out to our meet. Jason would have all the new Sony Signature products which includes the headphone, a DAC/Amp and a SOTA DAP. Warren would bring the new Spark and the new Tungsten.

Are you up for having Jason and Warren come out to demo the new Sony and Cavalli products?

I should qualify that the Tungsten is not 100% at this point. Whatever Warren brings will sound fantastic, that is a given.

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #41 of 163
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

I think I should choose between this and Can Jam NYC...

This one will be a lot cheaper.

I'll hesitantly say yes. I'm bringing an Aune S6, a Cayin i5 DAP, some new Bluetooth headphones from 1More, a balanced pair of the Mass drop Sennheiser HD6XX cans.

I'll also bring the new Noble Encore, Earsonics SEM-9, LZ-A3S, and a NEW version of the Oriveti Primacy.

I'm thinking about donating snack packs for the raffle as a "thank you for participating" after the good stuff is raffled. I say this for two reasons:

#1 Nobody hates snack packs.

#2 I can't think of a better way to risk and lose money in a raffle better than with a consolation cup of pudding in one's hand. Spoon will be included (if I remember)

I will be taking requests for flavors. If nobody responds I'm going to wing it.

Cheers

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #43 of 163
Deep fried chocolate hot wings.
I'm flagging this so you will have to go in and remove your own post Mr Moderator! :wink: jkjk

I'm going with straight factory flavors fellas. The last time I tried to remove the lids, doctor them up with hot sauce and fried chicken flavoring, then put the lids back on it was a disaster.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #44 of 163
Looks like I'm going to be able to make it. Will bring electrostats.

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #45 of 163
I get to start the meet early. The Sony new ecosystem is shipping to me earlier in the week. I will bring them to the meet so Jason does not have to carry them on the plane. Who am I to say no :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back