Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #121 of 191
  So, I wrote jude a note about getting our meet on the title page.  hasnt happened yet, and no response.  anyone know how to make this happen.  

And more importantly, ZACK, seriously, no comment about the Llama ballskin pads?  Your not the man I thought you were.  I just dont know you at all.

Looks like it just happened 
tongue_smile.gif
 Anyways, I'm a likely yes. I will figure out what I can bring, probably a gungnir multibit.

Aug 9, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #122 of 191
Shoot I must have missed this. My flight comes in around 10AM on Saturday. I'm gonna try to see if I can make it but I'm 50/50 but I don't think I'll have any gear with me other than my modded HD800 because I'm only staying home for a couple weeks. 

Aug 9, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #123 of 191
I'll be coming too.

Headphones:
Stax Λ Normal Bias - Modded
Stax SR-207
Sennheiser HD650

Amps:
Stax SRM-T1S
Objective2
Leckerton UHA-4

DACs:
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

DAPs:
xDuoo X3 - Rockboxed

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #124 of 191
Okay, time to end the suspense about what I meant when I said I'd have "some very exciting things" at the meet.

Exciting thing #1:

Questyle has sent us their Golden Reference stack. I just got done testing it, and it's as gorgeous as ever. If you haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, this is one of the best rigs in the world right now, IMHO. Definitely give it a whirl!

Exciting thing #2:

We are getting an exclusive, first-in-the-world preview of the new DanaCable Lazuli Reference Cable, which I will have paired with the JPS Labs Abyss. This cable is absolutely insane, with over 1,200 individual strands of high-purity copper inside. The sound is just ridiculously pure!

Along with those two items, I'll be bringing along my Cavalli Liquid Crimson, DAC-19, HD800, a variety of cables from DanaCable, the Campfire Andromeda and more. I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow with a complete list.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #125 of 191
  Okay, time to end the suspense about what I meant when I said I'd have "some very exciting things" at the meet.

Exciting thing #1:

Questyle has sent us their Golden Reference stack. I just got done testing it, and it's as gorgeous as ever. If you haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, this is one of the best rigs in the world right now, IMHO. Definitely give it a whirl!

Exciting thing #2:

We are getting an exclusive, first-in-the-world preview of the new DanaCable Lazuli Reference Cable, which I will have paired with the JPS Labs Abyss. This cable is absolutely insane, with over 1,200 individual strands of high-purity copper inside. The sound is just ridiculously pure!

Along with those two items, I'll be bringing along my Cavalli Liquid Crimson, DAC-19, HD800, a variety of cables from DanaCable, the Campfire Andromeda and more. I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow with a complete list.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #126 of 191
Wow is right. Sadly, I was too busy at work yesterday to finalize my travel plans and by the time I was able to book travel today, my options had become severely limited. I will be doing a quick trip up to Chicago and back on the same day. At least I will get to come to the meet and sample some exceptional headphones, sources, and amps. Too bad I won't have any extra time to enjoy Chicago.

My contribution will be very limited with just an AK300 dap and RHA T20i iems. I look forward to listening to the Campfire Andromeda (thank you @hansotek), the new Focals, and new Mr. Speakers Flows. I am also anxious to try the Questyle QP1R again (@buke9) as I came very close to buying it at Canlanta but instead opted for the AK300 for its UI. I am looking forward to this meet.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #127 of 191
I haven't actually had the chance to hear the Abyss before; I'm looking forward to it.

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #128 of 191
I haven't actually had the chance to hear the Abyss before; I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, holler at me at the meet and I'll help you get it fitted properly. If you get a good fit going, it is one of the best headphones on the planet. If you don't, the frequency response and the decay can get kinda weird. But I've got some good pointers now that can eliminate a little bit of the trial and error. :)

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #130 of 191
So, I wrote jude a note about getting our meet on the title page.  hasnt happened yet, and no response.  anyone know how to make this happen.  

And more importantly, ZACK, seriously, no comment about the Llama ballskin pads?  Your not the man I thought you were.  I just dont know you at all.

Hahhaha sorry I think I missed some posts on the thread. I can certainly arrange pads to be made out of any kind of skin. Just say the word!

I will bring some extra sets of omni pads for demo etc.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 10, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #131 of 191
Keith, I work for a local retailer (Holm Audio - Woodridge) and would I like to know if I can attend the event.  I would like to bring the Mr. Speaker ETHERs and a few other headphones to let people audition.  I have PSB and Bose as well as a couple of nice headphone preamps I could show as well.  Let me know if dealers are welcome or not.  I could get there a little earlier and set up.  I'd be happy to pay for the space and provide something for the raffle.

Thanks, Mitch Raines - General Manager
Holm Audio 2050 W. 75th St
Woodridge, IL 60517

cell 331-645-1282

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #133 of 191
Hahhaha sorry I think I missed some posts on the thread. I can certainly arrange pads to be made out of any kind of skin. Just say the word!

I will bring some extra sets of omni pads for demo etc.

You were probably planning on it anyway, but could you bring the ZMF Classic? I promised some genre-specific impressions for a guy in another thread. Thanks!

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #134 of 191
Yeah, holler at me at the meet and I'll help you get it fitted properly. If you get a good fit going, it is one of the best headphones on the planet. If you don't, the frequency response and the decay can get kinda weird. But I've got some good pointers now that can eliminate a little bit of the trial and error. :)
I would love to hear also. I was at CanJam SoCal this year and could not get a fit for me. They just seemed to drop too low over my ears to get a good fit. I hope to hear them correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back