Chet Baker
Nov 7, 2002 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm listening to Chet Baker "Chet". His trumpet sounds like a voice, beautiful. Maybe the tubes help.
cool.gif

Nov 7, 2002 at 11:12 PM Post #2 of 8
Funny you should mention that. Chet has been my favorite Chet Baker disc until I picked up Deep in a Dream : The Ultimate Chet Baker Collection a couple of weeks ago...as a matter of fact, I'm listening now!

wink.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Sounds like my next purchase.
cool.gif

Mine too!

Have been enjoying "Broken Wing" up until now
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Funny you should mention that. Chet has been my favorite Chet Baker disc until I picked up Deep in a Dream : The Ultimate Chet Baker Collection a couple of weeks ago...as a matter of fact, I'm listening now!

wink.gif

Have you read the Chet bio "Deep in a Dream?" If you haven't, don't--it's one of the most depressing books I have ever read. What a waste of talent, despite what he did early on.

Nov 8, 2002 at 10:53 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Oh ****. another book not to read, that I will...

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's a good book--well written, but very, very depressing. Baker was not the nicest guy around, and he cared little for his own talent. When I read it I thought, "how can such beautiful sounds come from someone who acted like that." Please read the book, and let me know if you feel the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back