Check this out for me please!!!!!
Oct 17, 2006 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

apotek

Head-Fier
okay..it's been a very very long time since I haven't been here...at 1:30 in morning I was looking for new headphones....I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Audio-Techni...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know how it is possible that this guy (and several other guys from china) selling these ATH'S for that price...and they seem like good sellers...so anyone has any idea???

Oct 17, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 7
Poor feedback rating. Many negative comments for various complaints. Poor communication seems to be typical fo rthis seller. Stay away. Lots of mutual feedback withdrawals too, which count as a negative in my book. The thing you have to remember about feedback ratings is that the negatives you see are ONLy those customers pissed off enough to post negative comments. There are probably MANY others who were not 100% happy with the transaction in some minor way but posted positive feedback anyways out of fear of a neative comment in retaliation.

For me... the rule of 3 applies to ebay seller feedback. For every negative feedback you see, there is in reality, 2 more unhappy customers, who should have posted negatively but did not do so out of fear of a negative in retaliation.

I would never send payment overseas for anything. See the storm digital thread (stickied) and the Wheres Ken Law threads... Members sent Ken $500 for a DAC and the guy disappears from cyber-space.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200361

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
I can't see anything wrong with the feedback? It seems overwhelmingly positive to me.

You've got to take into account that most dissatisfied people don't give bad feedback to avoid getting it themselves in retaliation. A real ebay business usually has a feedback between 97 and 100 percent; anything below 95 and the prices go down by half because everyone is too wary to bid. If you look closely at this seller's feedback, there are a lot of mutually withdrawn negatives which mostly concerned various fake headphones. Presumably the seller refunded the money to get the negative feedback withdrawn. I agree with the general consensus that these are fakes.

edit, to be fair let's say "are quite possibly fakes."

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
You've got to take into account that most dissatisfied people don't give bad feedback to avoid getting it themselves in retaliation. A real ebay business usually has a feedback between 97 and 100 percent; anything below 95 and the prices go down by half because everyone is too wary to bid. If you look closely at this seller's feedback, there are a lot of mutually withdrawn negatives which mostly concerned various fake headphones. Presumably the seller refunded the money to get the negative feedback withdrawn. I agree with the general consensus that these are fakes.

edit, to be fair let's say "are quite possibly fakes."

absolutely; i was amazed at how much crap i didn't get neg feedback for as a new seller

Oct 17, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
I can't see anything wrong with the feedback? It seems overwhelmingly positive to me.

7 negatives in 6 months. many neutrals, and feedback withdrawals.

use the "rule of 3"
biggrin.gif
on those 7 negatives, add up the feedback withdrawals and neutrals and yo uhava different picture.

For large volume sellers, disregard the percentage it can be misleading. I've seen 98% positive sellers with 50 negatives in the past 12 months. I personally have been scammed by such a seller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back