Check out this man's huge record collection.
Nov 24, 2008 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Hellacious D

100+ Head-Fier
I was browsing vimeo and found a beautiful mini documentary about a man that's trying to sell his giant record collection. I thought alot of people on here would enjoy this. It's saddening, but what this man says, as many of you know, is quite true. Here it is: The Archive on Vimeo

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #2 of 26
I watched the video. Words fail me.
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 26
This collection was up on ebay a little while ago. Needless to say, I couldn't afford it.
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 26
Man, that was a real downer.

Warning: don't watch this if you are in a good mood and want to stay that way.

I hope this (great) video serves as good PR for this man and the collection moves on to someone who cares.

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #5 of 26
There have been a couple of threads here about his wanting to sell the collection but not being able to find a (legitimate, not counting the fake eBay) buyer. Shame.

I hadn't seen that video before though. Nice to put a face to the name and to see the scope of the collection.

I've got a Sony EX1 camcorder myself and need to start making more use of it! Awesome video and sound quality.

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #6 of 26
God i nearly cried at that, and I almost never cry. I guess when it comes to music it hits hard.

I wish I were filthy rich so i could buy his collection and buy it for $50 million. Either that or just donate that much to him so he can run his store if he still wants to. BAH i'm so frustrated with today's society in regards to music appreciation.

I'd say 99% of my peers could care less and it's so sad!
frown.gif

Disclaimer: It's almost 4 am here and i'm tired so anything stupid sounding will probably spawn out of sleep deprivation.

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #7 of 26
Wow, a great little documentary. Quite sad that he can't sell it. And I must agree that it was beautifully shot.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 26
Awesome collection indeed!
Too bad he have not found a legitimate buyer.
frown.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 26
I wish the government would buy it and put it on national archive or something
frown.gif
I think he needs the bail out too.

Nov 24, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #10 of 26
As Wmcmanus mentioned there have been threads about this and I believe I started one up as well. It is sad to see the video and I hope that someone does purchase his collection, keeps it in tact, and preserve the collection and his life's work.

Nov 24, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 26
Darn... This guy deserves something, even if he only gets 3 million.

There is so much there, it is literally history -- I bet the feeling you get when you step in there is the feeling of raw history.

Honestly, this is a museum and more worth of music, at a bagain basement price. I really hope that this man manages to sell this truly incredible achievement and hope that the integrity of this collection is maintained.

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 26
That's deeply saddening, and he must have some amazing/rare records in there.

The thing is though, there is no way anyone could buy that with the intention of listening to it all and being able to take it all in.

It's one of those things that would have to be built up over many years.

I do wonder how many of the albums the guy's listened to, though.

Hope he finds a buyer.

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Rymer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This collection was up on ebay a little while ago. Needless to say, I couldn't afford it.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I watched the video. Words fail me.
frown.gif

x2

It's an amazing collection
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back