Check out these pics!!!
Mar 14, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #16 of 30
These pictures are HOT.

I like the Woodies, but they seem to look like Yo-yo's.
frown.gif

You should have an expert engrave that wood with a KOSS KSC-75 (or sportapros?) on them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #17 of 30
i was actually thinkin of crackin a yo yo apart for it! i'm not sure if the effects i'm hearing are from the wood or from the quarter mod, but the bass is more of a thump, less mushy. it could be because they're hangin off my ears now, too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Woody KSC75!!! Never thought I'd see that!!

I'd say they're woody 35's rather than 75's.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
You should have an expert engrave that wood with a KOSS KSC-75 (or sportapros?) on them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

if anything, i'd woodburn rather than engrave, and me and wood aren't exactly strangers...
wdbrn10.JPG

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #18 of 30
ooooooooooh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
very nice!

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #19 of 30
Great job with the woodies
smily_headphones1.gif
. We might see a bunch of interesting clip-ons from now on...move over Cheese Phones (also from Koss...)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum22
A little story with pictures...

I wanted more bass from my ksc 75's and i rarely used the sportapros, so i put the 75 drivers in the sportapro headband.

This is an awesome combo. Funner bass, less fatigue, still retains a little more "clarity" over the 35 driver. I'm absolutely loving it for listening during work!

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #20 of 30
Putting my KSC-75 drivers in a semi-sealed chamber totally killed their top end. I don't see how that wood could not change the sound.

Right now I am opening up the cups more, to get better flow. In this case bigger is better. Check my "Kosby" thread in my sig for more details:

bighole.jpg

Anyway, regardless of the sound change, your KSC-woodies are awesome. Extremely unique! MORE POWER TO THE KSC-MODS!

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Great job with the woodies
smily_headphones1.gif
. We might see a bunch of interesting clip-ons from now on...move over Cheese Phones (also from Koss...)!

This is an awesome combo. Funner bass, less fatigue, still retains a little more "clarity" over the 35 driver. I'm absolutely loving it for listening during work!

totally agree!!
I mounted KTXPro1 drivers in my sporta, did the hole mods and WHOA!! This parts-mutt has dethroned my KSC75 as my fave portable can. There are advantages to the earclip style, but based strictly on sonics... my koss-mutt is MY FAVORITE portable headphone. Unless John unleashes something truly remarkable this April, I see No need to upgrade my portable rig from here.

disecting the Pro1

Mint synnergy

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #22 of 30
i love how we all swap and mod and go crazy with these little 60 ohm drivers - they're cheap enough where we don't cry if we mess up, and some of the results actually end up being the coolness! i love that woody KSC-35 with KSC-75 clips!

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Woody KSC75!!! Never thought I'd see that!!

Nice Job!
Garrett

Sorry Kramer......hate to break it to ya.

Sit down.

Sitting?

Ok.

Those are actually the sportapro on the 75's earclips that have been woodied,not ksc75's. But the concept is there and its cool as $H** !!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to ruin your dream ...

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 30
Man, this thread makes me want to go out and get 35s, 75s, KTXpro1s, and sportaPros. Must resist and save up for full sized headphones!

Sexy woodys man. I've been thinking of decorative wood rings on my portaPros, to replace the metal rings. Probably won't ever get around to it though.

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
Man, this thread makes me want to go out and get 35s, 75s, KTXpro1s, and sportaPros. Must resist and save up for full sized headphones!

Sexy woodys man. I've been thinking of decorative wood rings on my portaPros, to replace the metal rings. Probably won't ever get around to it though.

I'm using the KSC75 drivers on the Sportapro headband. If you've already got Portapro's all you need is a pair 75's. IMO you won't find a pair of full sized cans that sound any better under $100 - $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back