Check out the new titles available on HDTracks!!
Jul 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
From this link:

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=warner

Quote:
We begin our high-resolution audio journey with WMG with the release of these amazing recordings, presented in unprecedented audiophile quality for your listening experience.

WMG is a global leader in national and international repertoire and home to some of the best-known labels in the recorded music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Music Nashville and Word.

The latest additions are Chicago II, The Eagles' Hotel California, Carly Simon's No Secrets, and more...and look below:

Quote:
Coming soon: Talking Heads, Foreigner, Linda Ronstadt, R.E.M., Steely Dan, Deep Purple, Eric Clapton, Alice Cooper, Doobie Brothers, Talking Heads, Natalie Merchant, Seal, Joni Mitchell, Metallica, Hootie & the Blowfish, and many more!!

Ugh...I'm going to be broke forever at this rate. 
biggrin.gif

This is pretty exciting, and I'm really looking forward to what's coming.  I probably already have several of these in the form of DVD-A's, so that will save me somewhat, but "sorry about your wallet" has never been more true than it appears it will be soon.

Jul 3, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 3
I got Running on Empty @ 96/24 yesterday. I know the album well, and the high rez version of Rosie and Cocaine are blowing me away (no pun intended). The magic of that album is that it was recorded on the stage, in hotel rooms, and on the tour bus, and this recording captures the atmosphere and sonics of the road (with all the  buzzing, humming, and patter) and brings that place and time into the present.   Plus, hdtracks is offering a 15% discount on these  Warner albums for a limited time if you use promo code "warrner15." 

Jul 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 3
I have that same recording on DVD-A, and you're right it sounds great.  One of these days I'm going to have to get an HDTracks album that I have on DVD-A that I could compare directly.  I'm curious if there is a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back