Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide!
Jul 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #106 of 164
I loved this review.  I opened it with my iMac, Safari, and voila, there comes Adobe and its ALL good!  I liked the price point range, and thought it was nice to include the variety of products.  Keeps an old man like myself up to speed.  I might add that based on this review, I purchased some Audio-Technica ATH-M50's and a Fiio E6 for my "beach rig" to go with my iPhone, and I really couldn't be happier.  Got aforementioned with 1 ft connect cable for $114.00 (redeemed reward points).  Great value, great cans!

Thanks for this informative review.  Keep up the good work!  Is there a review on the new Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir, from Jason and Mikes outfit at Schiit? 

I love this site!

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #109 of 164
Sorry, I'd spend some time with this if it were HTML but trying to view it as PDF is much too painful and horribly inappropriate for a screen.  Not sure I understand your choice unless it's a matter of tools known from prior ad work vs tools unknown.  In terms of the former its a good job but...

Notify me of an HTML or HTML5 version and I'll return.

Jul 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #110 of 164
Hi,

With the superb reviews of Superlux HD668b and HD661, I was expecting to see some Superluxes on the sub-$75 entry-level headphones (at least as honorable mentions or as alternative to the Sony MDR-V6 and the Grado SR-60i/SR-80i).

This being Head-Fi, I find it preposterous not even mentioning Superlux in a "buying guide".

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #111 of 164
Good guide.

A shame not the see the Philips Downtown featured though, truly great cans in their category and largely unknown.

Edit: Oops, they are in page 17, my bad.

Jul 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #112 of 164
...This being Head-Fi, I find it preposterous not even mentioning Superlux in a "buying guide".

Please re-read the guide's introduction.

Quote:
Good guide.

A shame not the see the Philips Downtown featured though, truly great cans in their category and largely unknown.

Edit: Oops, they are in page 17, my bad.

Thanks, JIGF. Yes, due to the amount of text on that page, it was decided to list three of the Philips headphones, but pick just one to show a photo of on that page (due to space limitations).

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #115 of 164
Nice guide, although I'm disappointed there's not any info on turntables. After reading about them in a recent Wired issue, I've become interested in them. Hopefully in the next issue.

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #116 of 164
I loved the guide.  It was clear, concise, well written, open-minded, and actually interesting.  If you were to start compiling the most interesting news, announcements, and head-fi posts into a monthly or even bi-monthly magazine, I know I for one and probably many other people would be willing to pay $3 or $4 an issue to subscribe to it, even if I could find all the information for free online.  Opinions?

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #117 of 164
Great guide, it's a shame there couldn't be a preview section since some of the most anticipated upcoming headphone releases are missing including the V-Moda M-100 and the new Denon line. I look forward to seeing those in the next update.

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #119 of 164
Glad to see the HE-400s get a mention in the buying guide after the hardships its been through after the release!
Perhaps it could have come with a mention that one should really get the velour pads with them 
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #120 of 164
Thanks Jude, it was a nice guide - I really enjoyed it.

Small typo, though - although you mention several times in the review that the Downtown is only $100 ($50 less than the Uptowns), the pricing at the top of the blurb shows both the Downtowns and Uptowns listed for $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back