Check out the best offer for Sony headphones EVER!!!!
Oct 1, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #121 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
I've seen the picture the Mercuttio posted a lot around here. Am I the only one that finds it in bad taste (I'm surprised that you can even post it on this forum...)?

To the best of my knowledge, it's only been posted 3 times, and this is the third. I've only gotten one hate PM about it, and I'll take it down if a mod ever requests it.

Frankly though, I think it's hilarious.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #122 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Frankly though, I think it's hilarious.

I don't know...what if it was a picture of Osama bin Laden? Would it still be funny? Or is that different because that's more recent than Hitler (But does that outweigh how much more extreme the situation was with Hitler than with Osama?)?

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #123 of 154
Quote:

I don't know...what if it was a picture of Osama bin Laden? Would it still be funny? Or is that different because that's more recent than Hitler (But does that outweigh how much more extreme the situation was with Hitler than with Osama?)?

Well, it isn't a picture of Osama bin Laden, is it? It's Hitler. Everyone knows who Hitler is, and essentially everyone feels the same contempt for him.

The comedy here is: You dislike Hitler, but how much more would you dislike him if he used Bose headphones?

And seriously dude, don't add layers of your own interperetations. There's no reason to bring current events into it.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #124 of 154
Quote:

Well, it isn't a picture of Osama bin Laden, is it? It's Hitler. Everyone knows who Hitler is, and essentially everyone feels the same contempt for him.

The comedy here is: You dislike Hitler, but how much more would you dislike him if he used Bose headphones?

And seriously dude, don't add layers of your own interperetations. There's no reason to bring current events into it.

Isn't the comedy: You dislike BOSE headphones, how much more would you dislike BOSE if Hitler used BOSE headphones? Or, BOSE headphones are so bad that Hitler uses them. How is the joke more centered on Hitler's use of BOSE and your resulting attitude of Hitler, than Hitler's use of BOSE and your resulting attitude of Hitler? The joke is supposed to be slamming BOSE headphones; your interpretation seems to be a more conservative approach as far as making fun of BOSE (Since more emphasis is placed on degrading Hitler than on degrading BOSE).

I used the recent example because I thought it was the clearest way to show how the picture could be taken to be in bad taste (Since people would probably be more emotional about a current event; all you have to do is then show how a past event is just as, if not possibly more, horrible than the current event).

Upon further consideration, perhaps the image means that BOSE headphones are so bad that they made Hitler who he was? That these headphones are so bad that they contributed to Hitler's becoming the hated man that he seems to be today (Thus, whatever contributed to making Hitler becoming this type of person would be VERY bad. So bad that it could be in bad taste to relate an innocent product with such an horrid idea?)?

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #125 of 154
Quote:

Isn't the comedy: You dislike BOSE headphones, how much more would you dislike BOSE if Hitler used BOSE headphones? Or, BOSE headphones are so bad that Hitler uses them. How is the joke more centered on Hitler's use of BOSE and your resulting attitude of Hitler, than Hitler's use of BOSE and your resulting attitude of Hitler? The joke is supposed to be slamming BOSE headphones; your interpretation seems to be a more conservative approach as far as making fun of BOSE (Since more emphasis is placed on degrading Hitler than on degrading BOSE).

I used the recent example because I thought it was the clearest way to show how the picture could be taken to be in bad taste (Since people would probably be more emotional about a current event; all you have to do is then show how a past event is just as, if not possibly more, horrible than the current event).

Stop overanalyzing a simple joke, and stop getting worked up over something so minor.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #126 of 154
Quote:

Isn't the comedy: You dislike Bose headphones, how much more would you dislike BOSE if Hitler used Bose headphones? Or, Bose headphones are so bad that Hitler uses them. How is the joke more centered on Hitler's use of BOSE and your resulting attitude of Hitler, than Hitler's use of BOSE and your resulting attitude of Hitler?

Any of those are funny. So, you wanna watch some old Saturday Night Live and pause everytime the shark says something different at the woman's door? We can talk about why it's hilarious, I'll bet that'll make it even more hilarious.

Quote:

Whatever man. I'm not really concerned if you can't figure it out, or if you want to wax philosophical about it. Talk out of your rear all you want, but if you don't like it you know how to contact a mod.

Quote:

Upon further consideration, perhaps the image means that BOSE headphones are so bad that they made Hitler who he was? That these headphones are so bad that they contributed to Hitler's becoming the hated man that he seems to be today (Thus, whatever contributed to making Hitler becoming this type of person would be VERY bad. So bad that it could be in bad taste to relate an innocent product with such an horrid idea?)?

I can't believe you went back and added that gibberish. Do you somehow feel as if you're coming off as clever here?

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #127 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Stop overanalyzing a simple joke, and stop getting worked up over something so minor.

I didn't realize this was such a minor issue. I guess I'm just more emotional than normal when it comes to this.

Mercuttio - I was just wondering if others found it in bad taste.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #128 of 154
Quote:

I've seen the picture the Mercuttio posted a lot around here. Am I the only one that finds it in bad taste (I'm surprised that you can even post it on this forum...)?

Sigh..ppl get offended so easily these days..
rolleyes.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #129 of 154
Quote:

I didn't realize this was such a minor issue. I guess I'm just more emotional than normal when it comes to this.

Mercuttio - I was just wondering if others found it in bad taste.

Ok, so the shark just knocked on the door and said "Flowers!" Now, get this. It's funny on a couple of levels. First of all... sharks can't talk! Hahahahahah. Wait. Give me a second here. Let me catch my... hahahahahah. Damn it! It keeps getting funnier!

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #130 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
Sigh..ppl get offended so easily these days..
rolleyes.gif

Not really offended (which is a really strong word). It just seems that the picture is in bad taste, that's all.

Mercuttio - What's that SNL shark bit? I don't watch SNL that often so I'm not too sure what you're talking about. I do occasioanlly watch Mad TV, but I haven't watched in a while. BTW, I like how you knock overanalyzing jokes by using it in a different situation than I used it (You use it in the situation of telling a joke for humor; I used it in determining the different ways in which a joke could be interpreted in order to find out if it could be said to be in bad taste or not).

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #132 of 154
Quote:

Not really offended (which is a really strong word). It just seems that the picture is in bad taste, that's all.

Mercuttio - What's that SNL shark bit? I don't watch SNL that often so I'm not too sure what you're talking about. I do occasioanlly watch Mad TV, but I haven't watched in a while.

You might just have to sort this one out... I suggest using that incredible deductive ability of yours I've come to love so much.

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #133 of 154
Quote:

You might just have to sort this one out... I suggest using that incredible deductive ability of yours I've come to love so much.

wub.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #134 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie
cmon guys, its Azure we're talking about here. He NEVER over-analyses anything
rolleyes.gif

At least I didn't have to say it first this time.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back