Cheapest Sennheiser IE 8?
Jan 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

iOnlyEatMusic

Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Posts
70
Likes
37
Been using Skull Candy In-Ears for couple of years now and I'm getting sick of them. I tried various amounts of in-ears and over heads and I decided to stick with In-ears. I heard the IE8's are among the best for the $200-$300 price tag range.
 
However, I see some real ones going from $150 - $300 so I was wondering if you guys can recommend me some sites that sell them for the cheapest on the web with them being real and not fakes? Unopened - Not used.
 
Many Thanks!

 

 
Jan 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 16

mbamg

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Posts
1,284
Likes
27
Why would you spend over $100 if you don't even know what you're looking for? Start in the $30-50 range. You'll find a lot of IEMs marginally better than any Skullcandy.
 
Jan 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 16

TrantaLocked

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Posts
312
Likes
21
You can put up an ad in the trade forum here, but other than that ONLY buy from Sennheiser authorized dealers, and don't even consider used IE8s on amazon and ebay. 
 
Just know that you may be disappointed as I was when I made a huge jump. In ear headphones, in reality, differ very little from each other and many audiophiles exaggerate what they hear. The more expensive the headphones gets, the less improvement it makes over the headphone a step below it. As suggested, even a $50 in ear would be great jump. The IE8s are supposed to be brilliant, but you would thoroughly enjoy the IE6 or IE7, both retaining a lot of the IE8 sound but selling for a ton less. If you're not planning on upgrading again then yeah, don't waste time and money and go big. Just don't be disappointed.
 
 
 
Jan 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 16

Poimandres

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Posts
1,853
Likes
67
When I purchased mine a few years back I ordered them through razordogdeals2008 on ebay, he is an authorized dealer.  He currently lists new IE8's for 349 with a make offer button.  You may be able to get them for less.
 
Jan 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 16

RallyMaster

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Posts
390
Likes
11
When I purchased mine a few years back I ordered them through razordogdeals2008 on ebay, he is an authorized dealer.  He currently lists new IE8's for 349 with a make offer button.  You may be able to get them for less.


RazorDog is very much a legit seller. I've purchased HD600s from them and won a pair of IE80 via their Facebook page. Excellent communication as well so I definitely recommend it.
 
Jan 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #8 of 16

-y0-

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 2, 2011
Posts
902
Likes
26
I got mine from JR electronics for $255 shipped but it looks like it's on order and not in stock right now. Anyways, you'd have to call them and negotiate to get that price.
 
Jan 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #9 of 16

iOnlyEatMusic

Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Posts
70
Likes
37
Thank you everybody who posted something. I'll look into those sites, if anyone else has any other suggestions please do post them.
 
Quote:
You can put up an ad in the trade forum here, but other than that ONLY buy from Sennheiser authorized dealers, and don't even consider used IE8s on amazon and ebay. 
 
Just know that you may be disappointed as I was when I made a huge jump. In ear headphones, in reality, differ very little from each other and many audiophiles exaggerate what they hear. The more expensive the headphones gets, the less improvement it makes over the headphone a step below it. As suggested, even a $50 in ear would be great jump. The IE8s are supposed to be brilliant, but you would thoroughly enjoy the IE6 or IE7, both retaining a lot of the IE8 sound but selling for a ton less. If you're not planning on upgrading again then yeah, don't waste time and money and go big. Just don't be disappointed.
 
 


I honestly don't plan on upgrading or buying any other headphones/IEM in the future if I buy these. Which is why I rather just spend big and buy these and not spend any more money on IEM's.
 


Quote:
You could always buy them from me =)


If PM you. :)
 
 
Quote:
I got mine from JR electronics for $255 shipped but it looks like it's on order and not in stock right now. Anyways, you'd have to call them and negotiate to get that price.

How did you negotiate a price with them?
 
Jan 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 16

Dougeefresh

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 2, 2011
Posts
532
Likes
34


Quote:
I just bought a new IE8. It seems that I have lots of things to learn. .....:frowning2:  I bought it from website. very very cheap. However, I am the lucky guy. It is original.  :)



Yeah, please share it! :)
I am looking for a pair as well and the prices are pretty steep at this point.
 
Feb 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #13 of 16

rank08822

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Posts
39
Likes
0
How did people get the IE8s for much cheaper than listed from RazorDog? Did they just e-mail him and metnion they were head-fi members? I can't imagine the "make offer" option on ebay letting you buy them for below 300$
 
Feb 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #14 of 16

lostid

New name: DMinor
Joined
Dec 21, 2011
Posts
872
Likes
17


Quote:
How did people get the IE8s for much cheaper than listed from RazorDog? Did they just e-mail him and metnion they were head-fi members? I can't imagine the "make offer" option on ebay letting you buy them for below 300$


They used to offer instant discount (15% and 20%) depending on the amount of your purchase. Yes email to Brian Larson (blarson@razordogdeals.com) and ask for discount. No way you pay for the listed price.
 
 
Feb 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #15 of 16

Overkill Red

Previously known as theThirty3rd
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Posts
871
Likes
158
When I got my IE8s I got them directly from the razordogdeals website.
They're out of stock right now though...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top