Cheapest place to get ER-6is?
Nov 13, 2008 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
I've not done much online shopping in the U.S., and now I have the opportunity to. Was thinking of getting a pair of ER-6is for my classical music, and was wondering where the cheapest place to do it would be. Online or B&M is fine. Thanks!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that the ER-6is are the best IEMs for classical sub-$100. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that they give the best bang for the buck for classical.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 22
I haven't tried them, but weren't the Altec Lansing IM716 supposed to be fighting with the ER-6 for best bang for the buck? Or am I just crazy?

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't tried them, but weren't the Altec Lansing IM716 supposed to be fighting with the ER-6 for best bang for the buck? Or am I just crazy?

From what I was told during my IEM selection, the im616 is on par with the ER-6i. Altec Lansing and Etymotic Research worked together to make the im616 and im716.

The difference between the im616 and im716 is negligible if you are not going to amp the im716.

Or so I was told.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 22
I'd say go for the Etys. Their customer service is outstanding.

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 22
ER6i is detailed enough, but dont have the soundstage of instrument seperation so everything would sound flatish. But sound pretty good warm to me even for other type of music if your not a bass head.

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 22
Not amped is a different story though, and you have to compare it to other phones amped.

Also, AL and ety didn't exactly work together, it was more like AL said hey ety we want some IEMs and ety said k here you go.

Etys have a lot more support, customer service is awesome.

Now, back to the actual topic - depending on the day, amazon is usually cheapest. on occasion youll find them on newegg or something for a better price.

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 22
eBay ftw

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've not done much online shopping in the U.S., and now I have the opportunity to. Was thinking of getting a pair of ER-6is for my classical music, and was wondering where the cheapest place to do it would be. Online or B&M is fine. Thanks!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that the ER-6is are the best IEMs for classical sub-$100. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong in thinking that they give the best bang for the buck for classical.

Try to get some old stock in NZ that predates the NZ dollar crash and you might find some bargins, ebay probably not the best now but ER6i is fairly cheap has been in production for sometime and dont really have alot of RMA issues :p.

i Got mine at www.expansys.com.au and got it for $145 AUD.. like 1.5 years ago now they sell it for $224 Black and $195 white + postage costs which is like another $15 AUD.

Nov 15, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #14 of 22
ER6 is different to ER6i. their tips cannot be crossed used. Also ER6 is lighter on the bass side, not that the ER6i has better bass... just slightly better.

from what i have seen the ER6 is also cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back