Cheapest place to but RS1s?
Oct 3, 2002 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
Does any place sell them cheaper than $700?

Oct 3, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
Does any place sell them cheaper than $700?

There are usually a few sellers of brand new RS-1s on e-bay for quite a bit less than the list price. There's a "buy it now" RS-1 for $525 right now. Hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 15
Yeah, there are RS-1s on eBay all the time for pretty cheap (relatively, of course). Most of them have reserves over $500 with Buy It Now!s a bit higher. Most of them don't sell. Every now and then there will be a no reserve auction and they'll end up going for less than $500.

kerelybonto

Oct 3, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 15
You can get them used for around $400-450...

Biggie.

Oct 3, 2002 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 15
I have never used eBay (or any other auction)before. Can anybody explain how it works or if its hard.

Oct 3, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 15
Not hard at all. Just head over to the site and sign up for a free account. You'll need a username and password just like here.

Then just use the search function to find what you're looking for. Placing a bid is easy -- just enter the maximum amount you're willing to pay. eBay will automatically submit the lowest possible bid for you until (if necessary) it reaches your maximum. If you end up with the high bid when the auction ends, you win the item.

There are a couple quirks to the system -- some auctions have a 'reserve' price, meaning that unless the bidding goes above that price, the item will not sell. Other items have a 'Buy It Now!' option that works just like a store -- before any bids are submitted, you have the option to buy the item for a set price.

Payment is generally handled directly between the seller and buyer. Usually money orders are accepted by everyone. Sometimes you can use a credit card through eBay's payment system or through PayPal (a separate account is required) if the seller accepts those methods. Shipping costs are almost always extra.

Be sure to read the auction description carefully -- a lot of sellers of big-money items will not allow people with zero feedback (i.e., they have not won any previous auctions) to bid on their items without first contacting them.

kerelybonto

Oct 3, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #7 of 15
Ok I signed up for an account. The only problem is I don't want some strange dude (a seller) calling me up and crap.

Oct 3, 2002 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 15
In short, I am not to big on human-to-human interaction.

Oct 3, 2002 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
In short, I am not to big on human-to-human interaction.

You don't actually speak to anyone. When you win an auction you will receive an email from ebay and the seller regarding how to pay. I pay by credit card so i can pay thru ebay (billpoint) or use an outside service like paypal. Once i pay i email the seller back and ask them to let me know when the item will ship out. On high priced items, i always request to pay for insurance and tracking. I also ask the seller to leave me positive feedback since i paid already and i'll do the same when i receive the item. I typically get the item within a week and that's it. It's very easy you socialphobe
tongue.gif

I've never been screwed over.

Oct 4, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #12 of 15
I am just curious...do the RS1s come with a headphone storage bag?

Oct 4, 2002 at 3:15 AM Post #14 of 15
New ones do not have the wooden box anymore.

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back