Cheapest phones?
Mar 7, 2006 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

tim_the_gamer

100+ Head-Fier
I came across this incredible bargain
rolleyes.gif
on amazon.com and it begs the question, are there cheaper phones out there available i.e. ones that actually have a purchase price (not freebies on the airplane and such) less than this?
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 17
I've seen 49 cent earbuds at walmart, I'm extremely tempted to buy them and see what they sound like even though it'd be hell on my ears.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 17
I had bought a pair of $1 headphones from BigLots about 3-4 years ago. I didn't expect much from them, but they were actually even worse than I expected. They sounded like having phone recievers piping music into my ears.

So, if you want to get an idea of how bad cheap headphones sound, imagine how bad they could be, and double it.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
I had bought a pair of $1 headphones from BigLots about 3-4 years ago. I didn't expect much from them, but they were actually even worse than I expected. They sounded like having phone recievers piping music into my ears.

So, if you want to get an idea of how bad cheap headphones sound, imagine how bad they could be, and double it.

hahahha
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 17
if the shipping was free i'd get a pair...or maybe two...

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwuzer
if the shipping was free i'd get a pair...or maybe two...

If beautiful, scantily clad women delivered them direct to my house ane then were going to offer to spend the day cleaning up and cooking for me, I STILL wouldn't buy them.

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #8 of 17
hey... they dont look that bad...

*cough*

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skrying
I've seen 49 cent earbuds at walmart, I'm extremely tempted to buy them and see what they sound like even though it'd be hell on my ears.

I'll paypal you $0.49 on condition that you buy them and provide a detailed review including your own photos
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking
If beautiful, scantily clad women delivered them direct to my house ane then were going to offer to spend the day cleaning up and cooking for me, I STILL wouldn't buy them.

Lies! Send them my way then! I'll can tell them to use the phones to tie up a bag of trash. It probably wouldn't work, but watching them bend over to pick it up would be well worth the $.76.

But back to the subject, once I went to work on a Saturday and realized I forgot to bring headphones. I thought I'd go to Walmart and buy some cheap phones then return it on my way home, but I saw these phones that cost less than a dollar (I think my mind repressed the exact price). Anyway, I thought, what the hell. After about 5 minutes, I threw them away. The sound was crap as expected, but it would have been more comfortable sticking rocks in my ears. Anyway, I could evision them being useful in a scene from '24' where Jack Bauer needs to get information from someone fast, and he only has one dollar and a Walmart store to get it done...

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoichiTheEarless
But back to the subject, once I went to work on a Saturday and realized I forgot to bring headphones. I thought I'd go to Walmart and buy some cheap phones then return it on my way home, but I saw these phones that cost less than a dollar (I think my mind repressed the exact price). Anyway, I thought, what the hell. After about 5 minutes, I threw them away. The sound was crap as expected, but it would have been more comfortable sticking rocks in my ears. Anyway, I could evision them being useful in a scene from '24' where Jack Bauer needs to get information from someone fast, and he only has one dollar and a Walmart store to get it done...

I just experienced that situation. When I see the cheap headphone selection at my local stores, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Thank God for Amazon and one-day delivery!

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 17
I was at wallmart and got a pair of .97cent iems and even the 10-year old kid who saw me grab them said they sucked! Haha! Really I wanted a pair to compare to the ibuds.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #15 of 17
One day delivery huh??

I got express shipping for $2 more. I bought them last night at 9PM. I figure they got processed and loaded on the truck tonight. Should I expect them tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back