Cheapest flash player ever! (Reviewed)
Jul 6, 2005 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jakets

500+ Head-Fier
Okay so this may not actually be the cheapest flash player ever, but i kept the title for those who helped on my last thread. I finally found a player that looked good for the price, and purchased it. This is the ebay auction i won it on HERE But i saw a few people get them for 10$! (thats 30$ shipped) For the 50$ i payed overall i dont think its a bad player at all. So heres the review.

EDIT: Theres also a charger that it plugs directly into, i forgot to get a picture, but will grab one later on.

Flash001.JPG

Flash002.JPG

Flash003.JPG

Flash004.JPG

Flash005.JPG

Flash006.JPG

Flash007.JPG

Flash008.JPG

Flash009.JPG

Flash010.JPG

Flash011.JPG

Flash012.JPG

Flash013.JPG

Looks:
Its a simple and nice looking player, i really like how it looks, as its not just another player. The 7 color screen kicks ass, i like the auto feature that changes the screen colors every time you click a button, its very flashy and is sure to get some looks. The downside is the lack of an accentuation, although they do have one with a red stripe all the way around, i think it would look a little better. Overall its a nice little package, and should be a nice addition to any sexy electronics setup. 9/10

Sound:
This is by no means an audiophile device. But then what flash player is? It has decent sound, that is very fine for daily exercising and jogs/bike rides. Its not the loudest player ever, but if you turn on the rock equalizer setting its much louder and sounds a lot better. I know some people are not fans of an EQ but i think it helps in more ways than one on this player. With the EQ on i notice about a 10-20% increase in volume, and this is VERY acceptable for outside use. Because of the lacking in volume without EQ i give it a 7.5/10

Functionality:
This is not a feature filled player, but it has the necessary functions. It has a voice recorder with many settings for the quality. There is also FM, and FM recording, which works fairly well (could be a little clearer). The FM has scan, and sets each usable station as presets, this is a great function. Last but not least is the music playing feature, the whole device is a simple drag and drop, that requires no software whatsoever. The player is only a 2 line player, so the best mode is simply shuffle, but it does play in order and shows the song title followed by the author. It supports only WMA and MP3. Overall a nice 8.5/10 Just needs support for a few other formats (OGG especially)

Durability:
This is the part i thought would be most lacking. To my surprise the player is made out of an aluminum mostly, and not plastic. it's fairly scratch resistant and seems like it will hold up fairly well over the years. I wouldn't drop it too often, but i think it can survive a few. Because the player does have a plastic strip, which i have already scratched (damn car doors!) i have to give it a 8/10 Also the actually screen was a little loose, the glue wasn't that great, i simply just pulled it off and super glued it back in place, now its firm as can be.
orphsmile.gif

Overview:
All in all, the player is very nice for the price, especially if you get lucky and grab one for 30$ I would buy it again in a heart beat! [size=large]8.25[/size] overall!

Jul 6, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets
Okay so this may not actually be the cheapest flash player ever, but i kept the title for those who helped on my last thread. I finally found a player that looked good for the price, and purchased it. This is the ebay auction i won it on HERE But i saw a few people get them for 10$! (thats 30$ shipped) For the 50$ i payed overall i dont think its a bad player at all. So heres the review.

EDIT: Theres also a charger that it plugs directly into, i forgot to get a picture, but will grab one later on.

Flash001.JPG

Flash002.JPG

Flash003.JPG

Flash004.JPG

Flash005.JPG

Flash006.JPG

Flash007.JPG

Flash008.JPG

Flash009.JPG

Flash010.JPG

Flash011.JPG

Flash012.JPG

Flash013.JPG

Looks:
Its a simple and nice looking player, i really like how it looks, as its not just another player. The 7 color screen kicks ass, i like the auto feature that changes the screen colors every time you click a button, its very flashy and is sure to get some looks. The downside is the lack of an accentuation, although they do have one with a red stripe all the way around, i think it would look a little better. Overall its a nice little package, and should be a nice addition to any sexy electronics setup. 9/10

Sound:
This is by no means an audiophile device. But then what flash player is? It has decent sound, that is very fine for daily exercising and jogs/bike rides. Its not the loudest player ever, but if you turn on the rock equalizer setting its much louder and sounds a lot better. I know some people are not fans of an EQ but i think it helps in more ways than one on this player. With the EQ on i notice about a 10-20% increase in volume, and this is VERY acceptable for outside use. Because of the lacking in volume without EQ i give it a 7.5/10

Functionality:
This is not a feature filled player, but it has the necessary functions. It has a voice recorder with many settings for the quality. There is also FM, and FM recording, which works fairly well (could be a little clearer). The FM has scan, and sets each usable station as presets, this is a great function. Last but not least is the music playing feature, the whole device is a simple drag and drop, that requires no software whatsoever. The player is only a 2 line player, so the best mode is simply shuffle, but it does play in order and shows the song title followed by the author. It supports only WMA and MP3. Overall a nice 8.5/10 Just needs support for a few other formats (OGG especially)

Durability:
This is the part i thought would be most lacking. To my surprise the player is made out of an aluminum mostly, and not plastic. it's fairly scratch resistant and seems like it will hold up fairly well over the years. I wouldn't drop it too often, but i think it can survive a few. Because the player does have a plastic strip, which i have already scratched (damn car doors!) i have to give it a 8/10 Also the actually screen was a little loose, the glue wasn't that great, i simply just pulled it off and super glued it back in place, now its firm as can be.
orphsmile.gif

Overview:
All in all, the player is very nice for the price, especially if you get lucky and grab one for 30$ I would buy it again in a heart beat! [size=large]8.25[/size] overall!

nice review.

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Did you really have to quote the entire post just to say 'nice review'
rolleyes.gif

I think thats a great choice for you. Im actually amazed that it came with a mini to mini cable, as a lot of brand name DAPs nowadays dont
eek.gif

And oh god those earbuds are hideous
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Discman
That looks very similar to the BenQ Joybee 125.

*image clipped*

wow, yes it does. wonder if BenQ is rebranding it?

Polarize - Yeah they are, i tried them out and they arent too bad, but they dont stay in for a damn, and they are ugly as can be. As an update i already cracked the plastic screen, theres no support for it on the top and bottom, so if you push hard enough it will bend in and crack. Must have been my fault, but that kinda sucks. I have already found a fix, i used some black tape and removed the screen cover altogether, still looks fine and works great. I would say its more my fault for pushing too hard, but yeah.
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back