Cheapest ear phones
May 13, 2006 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

KurtCocain

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, todays is my first day with my mp3 player
smily_headphones1.gif
Finally! Walking n listening to music. I commute a lot (metro) so I need this. Unfortunatelly I was unpleasantly surpised that there is so much outside noise (when metro is moving, ppl talking, etc.) that I cant hear my music thru the earphoens my H120 came with, sehenheiser. The onlly way to listen is if I turn it up loud, but i dont wanna do that and damage my ears.

Can you recommend me the cheapest earphones which reduce the outside noise?

Koss The Plug?
Sony MDR-EX71SL?

May 13, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 17
Well, budget is less than the models u suggested. i dont wanna spend such money on the earphones. Afterall my iriver h120 costs 130. I dont like the idea of paying same price or more for earbuds. My target price is no higher than 30-40 bucks.

May 13, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCocain
Well, budget is less than the models u suggested. i dont wanna spend such money on the earphones. Afterall my iriver h120 costs 130. I dont like the idea of paying same price or more for earbuds. My target price is no higher than 30-40 bucks.

........KSC75 and a couple of pillows! Just kidding. Maybe try the AKG K26P, I heard that it has a good isolation.
I don't know what you can get in and around your price range.

May 13, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kaotic~
yea, what's your budget?
for under $20, jvc fx55 is the best! but if you like boomy bass or the bass is overshadowing the mids and highs. then go for Sony's.

jvc fx55 ? Whre can you get those in US?

May 13, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 17
if u can find cresyn LXM-E630, it the best bang for bucks... else creative EP630 also not too bad. i own both of them...

May 13, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 17
Coming here, sources often cost way less than your headphones.
biggrin.gif

If you just want to isolation and dont care so much about sound quality get one of those sony IEM's that sell for $30.

or the Koss Spark Plugs. $20. They're really really boomy but I put scotch tape over the drivers and it made a world of difference. They'll be fine if you're not into critical listening and just using MP3's.

May 13, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87
if u can find cresyn LXM-E630, it the best bang for bucks... else creative EP630 also not too bad. i own both of them...

the problem is those are hard to find in US, where as jvc fx55 are more readily available in retailer or on-line.

May 13, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kaotic~
the problem is those are hard to find in US, where as jvc fx55 are more readily available in retailer or on-line.

oh.. ok.. then it sad to hear that. hear in my country Singapore, there is no dealer for UE and AL so we haf to import over frm US using those special posting services by our post office...

May 17, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin
Coming here, sources often cost way less than your headphones.
biggrin.gif

If you just want to isolation and dont care so much about sound quality get one of those sony IEM's that sell for $30.

or the Koss Spark Plugs. $20. They're really really boomy but I put scotch tape over the drivers and it made a world of difference. They'll be fine if you're not into critical listening and just using MP3's.

I am thinking of buying Koss "the plug". And I am not sure what you mean by "critical listenining," but let me just say that I have NO mp3 on my iriver! I listen to MPC or lossless.

May 17, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

I am thinking of buying Koss "the plug". And I am not sure what you mean by "critical listenining," but let me just say that I have NO mp3 on my iriver! I listen to MPC or lossless.

Stay away from the Koss Spark Plus or Plugs. They sound terrible. You're literally hearing but bass with only the highs coming through, no mid at all so you're missing a large chunk of the actual music.

Search out some Creative EP630. Good bang for the buck.

May 17, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skrying
Stay away from the Koss Spark Plus or Plugs. They sound terrible. You're literally hearing but bass with only the highs coming through, no mid at all so you're missing a large chunk of the actual music.

Search out some Creative EP630. Good bang for the buck.

I am looking into Creative EP630. To bad cant find them in US... Creative's site says out of stock. pricegrabber.com cant find them, amazon dont have em ..

May 17, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

I am looking into Creative EP630. To bad cant find them in US... Creative's site says out of stock. pricegrabber.com cant find them, amazon dont have em ..

Yes, but there are big OEM distributors on Ebay who will sell you a pair of ep-630 for ca. $20. As it happens, I just received a pair today, only a few days after ordering, and I'm pleased with them. They don't sound as good as a pair of Koss KSC-75's, but I too got annoyed having ambient noise drown out my music, and these solve that problem for sure. They're are comfortable, have decent sound quality, and you don't even need to turn them up as you walk out onto a busy street. Not bad for under $20 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back