Cheaper Headphones for a Bedroom Producer
Oct 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Leefster

New Head-Fier
Hello all! This is my first post on the forum so I hope that I have put it in the right place.

I am in the market for some headphones to be used in my bedroom 'studio'. I will probably be using them for recording, mixing and mastering my tracks (altough I understand that one set of headphones aren't designed to do everything and will show weaker points in some areas). Of course a set of headphones cannot replace a decent pair of monitors, but I really can't afford a setup like that at the minute.

So, I have been looking at the AKG K44, K77 and K99, but did not want to restrict myself to one brand, so need some help. Roland RH-5s also look quite good for the price.

I am concentrating on semi-open and closed back headphones, as from what I have read, fully open backed headphones aren't great for much besides recording.

I would appreciate some reccomendations on headphones fit for the purposes described, priced between £20-~40 (as I am in the UK).

Cheers!

Oct 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 2
For around 60 bucks (40 pounds) here in the U.S, you can get those three AKG models, and the akg k121,k141,and audio technica ath m30s. I don't know of much more, but if you pony up a tiny bit more cash, you can get the k240S, which is absolutely excellent for monitoring, and enjoyable listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back