cheap portable amp for d2000?
Nov 26, 2008 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

TonyBG

New Head-Fier
Looking for a cheap, around 100$ or less, PORTABLE amp to go with the Denon d2000, I'd like suggestions from people with more experience. Thanks in advance.

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #3 of 14
Really interested in this topic as well.

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 14
I hope someone has an answer to this question too. Is there actually a way for me to be able to check this myself? short of buying and testing it myself I mean. I'm full of n00bness, but people are talking about ohms and impotence
beyersmile.png
as if there's a scientific way to find out... sorry bit o/t.

Jan 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 14
I'd suggest iBasso D2 Boa but it's around $170. Out of you budget. Than NuForce Icon Mobile, quite close to Boa by sound quality, would be the best for you. I own D2000 and it's great duet with D2 Boa.

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd suggest iBasso D2 Boa but it's around $170. Out of you budget. Than NuForce Icon Mobile, quite close to Boa by sound quality, would be the best for you. I own D2000 and it's great duet with D2 Boa.

Man, the Mobile is cute!
darthsmile.gif
I was just reading a rave review of the Icon in Sterophile. Maybe I'll check this out.

Edit: Just placed my order for the Icon (not the Mobile). I couldn't resist, and I needed something like this ever since my Griffin PowerWave petered out.

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyBG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for a cheap, around 100$ or less, PORTABLE amp to go with the Denon d2000, I'd like suggestions from people with more experience. Thanks in advance.

Nuforce Icon Mobile. Review http://www.head-fi.org/forums/3947073-post2.html

Jan 5, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tseryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does this compare to the iBasso D3? The RF issue is getting on my nerves with the D3, so this looks like a formidable switch.

The Nuforce is good, better than I expected and similar to the Meier Headsix, but I do think the the D3 has a little more weight and substance and depth to the sound. Maybe the D3 is a German sport sedan and the Nuforce is a quick and nimble hopped up Japanese import with aftermarket turbo. Still, I am using the Nuforce more than the D3 because of the RFI problem with D3. It is a good match with the Denon and Ultrasone.

Jan 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #13 of 14
How does the Mobile Icon compare to iBasso T4 ($109 + 22 shipping to USA) for sound quality & RFI. I'm trying to choose between these amps for headphone options D2000 or ATH-ESW9

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Mobile Icon compare to iBasso T4 ($109 + 22 shipping to USA) for sound quality & RFI. I'm trying to choose between these amps for headphone options D2000 or ATH-ESW9

I'm a little distressed that Skylab disliked the Nuforce treble and forward mids so much, so I have to re-listen to it some more. Unfortunately I haven't heard the T4 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back