Cheap, pocketable, Mac-compatible player that can do AAC?
Sep 13, 2008 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

averydonovan

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for an inexpensive small music player that is small enough to shove into a pocket when I'm not using it. Due to my recent totaling of my car I'm back on the bus so portable music is a must again. I have an iPod touch and it is just too big to carry around all the time. The main challenge I'm running into is finding a player that supports AAC files since all my CDs are in AAC. So far the iPod shuffle is the only thing I can find that will work, but I really want a screen. Also, it seems most players are being made for MTP mode which is iffy at best on a Mac. Any ideas, or am I just stuck with the shuffle?

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 10
the sansa clip is definately worth looking at. its small, has a screen, and dirt cheap, but i am not sure about AAC. will check for you, bt u can always convert.

edit: nop, doesnt look like it does. but if you do not mind converting, it is definately worth looking at.

Sep 13, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the sansa clip is definately worth looking at. its small, has a screen, and dirt cheap, but i am not sure about AAC. will check for you, bt u can always convert.

edit: nop, doesnt look like it does. but if you do not mind converting, it is definately worth looking at.

The AAC support requirement is the only reason I didn't recommend it myself, I love my Clip, it's definitely the best SQ-per-dollar I've ever spent.

So yeah, if you don't mind converting, the Sandisk Sansa Clip is an excellent option, go for the Fuze if you need more storage (Fuze = Clip w/ expandable memory)

Sep 16, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 10
how about is samsung's YP-S3?
it's a new one.
*Technical Details is....
- 2, 4 GB Internal Flash Memory
- Touch-Sensitive LED Controls
- MP3, WMA, Ogg & MPEG-4 Support
- DNSe sound engine
- FM tuner/recorder with presets

it has five colours.(white, pink, green, blue, black). recommend pink one to her. pink is so lovely!! :)
its runnung time is 25 hours,, and very very chip!!
2GB is 41.66 pounds,
4GB is 49.78 pounds.
if u want more infprmation,, click this URL. this is samsung's mp3 website.
YP-S3 - MP3 digital audio SAMSUNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back