Cheap place to buy akg k701?
Dec 13, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #16 of 17
When I asked this question, like 50 people answered and told me to go to Northern Sound and Light, which is what I did. I paid $244.42 for them back in May.

They want $250 for them now, which still looks like a decent price for them. Shipping from Pennsylvania to Dallas where I am located is $12, same as it was when I bought.

NSL's service was excellent, if that makes any difference...and I don't see any exceptions to the returns/warranty policy for headphones.

Plus they threw in a free 100% cotton t-shirt and a sticker.

Or you can go to headroom and pay $310 plus $10 shipping for their extra-good service and forget the t-shirt and sticker. Your choice.

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you retract this statement because that's an outright insult to both vendors. If their prices really were "complete rip offs" as you put it, they would've been put out of business a long time ago. They sell new-condition equipment, not used. If you're looking for a used price, you know where to look.

I don't agree with him that they are crooks, but I do understand his reasoning. Headroom's pricing reminds me of Apple's, in that is very expensive for what it is. Not so expensive that it's a scam (Though the Iphone raises doubts to this analogy), but it's a premium price vs a good deal.

Anyways, recommend you look in the Cans for sale forum here, and find a seller with some good feedback. What I did with mine and was not disappointed at all. 200-250 is a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back