Cheap place to buy akg k701?
Dec 12, 2007 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

OGTL

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 11, 2006
Posts
527
Likes
10
Anyone know of a reputable dealer that sells new k701s? I sold mine like an idiot and need another pair. Headroom and ttvj are complete rip offs, anyone know if there are any reasonably priced sites? thanks alot!
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 17

sai-bot

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 23, 2007
Posts
75
Likes
0
Why don't you buy at amazon? 280$ seem to be a reasonable price.

Or a used K701 from a forum member?
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 17

hanalei mike

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Posts
439
Likes
10
Headroom is not a rip off company. They sell/make excellent products and they have always provided me with excellent service. They are knowledgeable, they answer my email questions, almost instantly, they ship right away, and have an excellent return policy. Although I had found the 701's for cheaper elswhere, I bought from Headroom because the peace of mind was worth the added expense.
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 17

grubyhalo

New Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 6, 2007
Posts
29
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanalei mike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom is not a rip off company. They sell/make excellent products and they have always provided me with excellent service. They are knowledgeable, they answer my email questions, almost instantly, they ship right away, and have an excellent return policy. Although I had found the 701's for cheaper elswhere, I bought from Headroom because the peace of mind was worth the added expense.


+1
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 17

Robin W.

Member of the Trade: RW Audio
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Posts
135
Likes
12
+2 for headroom
I just bought some K601's (and some px100's for the fiance) from headroom, and the service was great, shipping was awsome $30 bucks for FedEx which I got the next day. (For US to Canada shipping that's good!!) Alot of other charge that much for USPS shipping which could take 10days to who knows how long.
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 17

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 27, 2006
Posts
9,038
Likes
252
Location
STL area
AKG Electronics - K 701 - Open-Back Reference Class Stereo Headphones with Varimotion and Flat-Wire Voice Coil Technology - K701


Sponser-449
eek.gif
/ discount 250
biggrin.gif


What else do sponsers offer that justifies this price difference? Peace of mind for $200
confused.gif


Your money to spend as you see fit.
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 17

kamal007

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 8, 2007
Posts
2,138
Likes
15
djdeals.com have them for like $250 i think
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 17

hanalei mike

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Posts
439
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG Electronics - K 701 - Open-Back Reference Class Stereo Headphones with Varimotion and Flat-Wire Voice Coil Technology - K701


Sponser-449
eek.gif
/ discount 250
biggrin.gif


What else do sponsers offer that justifies this price difference? Peace of mind for $200
confused.gif


Your money to spend as you see fit.



yeah i saw them at abes for 239.00
plus 40.00 shipping

I paid 309.00 plus 25 shipping overnight.
(so I got it next day, fedex can't do an overnight to Kauai from Abe's)

This is Abe's Headphone return policy:

"headphones may be returned to us only if defective. Exchanges are for the same model number only. Exchanges must be made within 7 days of acceptance of delivery. Absolutely no refunds will be given on headphones."

I like Headrooms' better. worth 55.00 imho.

In regards to being a sponsor, I found Headroom independant of this forum.
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #10 of 17

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Posts
8,216
Likes
779
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headroom and ttvj are complete rip offs, anyone know if there are any reasonably priced sites?


I hope you retract this statement because that's an outright insult to both vendors. If their prices really were "complete rip offs" as you put it, they would've been put out of business a long time ago. They sell new-condition equipment, not used. If you're looking for a used price, you know where to look.
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #11 of 17

mccpu

New Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 8, 2007
Posts
16
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you retract this statement because that's an outright insult to both vendors. If their prices really were "complete rip offs" as you put it, they would've been put out of business a long time ago. They sell new-condition equipment, not used. If you're looking for a used price, you know where to look.


Why? If the person feels their prices are much higher than others, he has the right to express his/her opinions. Unless there is a rule here that states, a member cannot give negative opinions on the sponsors?
 
Dec 12, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #13 of 17

ocean`

New Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Posts
46
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you retract this statement because that's an outright insult to both vendors. If their prices really were "complete rip offs" as you put it, they would've been put out of business a long time ago. They sell new-condition equipment, not used. If you're looking for a used price, you know where to look.


Lets be honest here, their prices are outrageous.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top