1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap PC Desktop Headphone AMP and or DAC recommendation?

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by denon2010, Aug 13, 2012.
  1. Denon2010
    ok so  Ihave a Asus Xonar DG. But I dunno I think its not clean as my previous Xonar DX which was rather clean but totally lacked any headphone AMP.

I could go back and buy a Xonar DX for its DAC I can get it used on amazon for $59

And I can get the Muse tube amp for $65 theseare the cheapest I found so far thats supposed to be audiophile quality.

But what about a combo? both in one? Money is key factor here.

thinking of getting Beyerdynamic DT 770 or something so. I want a open back so maybe a DT 990 pro. 

I don't want anything close to audiotechnica or any studio monitor I find them dull and flat and plain out boring and hurt my ear drums.

I am a sucker for Sennhesier and Denon. So advise me dear audiophiles. I wanna listen to rock n roll and also classical etc

2. Denon2010
    I am thinking FIIO E10 is $67 and has evrything what you guys think?

though the muse tube looks waaay better with its leds and glass etc hmmm

3. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Quote:
    The Asus Xonar DX with an external add-on headphone amplifier (which Muse model?) to me is a good combo.
    That's combo is what I used before getting the Asus Xonar Essence STX.
    But I would not refer to a $65 made in China tube amplifier as "Audiophile" quality.
    But I do think they are a great value and come with much needed voltage.
    Buy a Digital Multi-Meter (DT830, $7), it helps to fine tune and balance the voltage on those little tube amps.
    Some models do not come with voltage adjustment, it's two little things that you adjust with a small Philipshead screwdriver.
    There are several threads that talk about these tube amps, brands like Bravo and Muse.
    The website Rockgrotto has a sub-section on it's forum for these Headphone Amplifiers, good place to post a question.

4. Denon2010
    ^ Hi sorry for the late reply, thanks for your advice.