Cheap earbuds or IEMs for Sansa Clip
Nov 4, 2008 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

quadmaniac

Head-Fier
Hi all,
This is my first post in head-fi. Looks like this is where all the audiophiles are
smily_headphones1.gif

I've recently invested in a Sansa Clip 2GB. While the bundled earphones are decent, I was looking for a better pair. I think the bass of the bundled earphones in custom EQ mode (with the highs and lows pumped up) are fine. But I think the highs and mids could be sharper. The Creative EP630 exceeds my budget - which is around $15-$20.

Could you recomment a decent and durable pair of phones for me? I think I'm most comfortable with earbuds, but wouldn't mind IEMs or larger headphones as long as they're comfortable.

The main thing is that they should pair nicely with the Clip without an extra amp. I have a pair of Bose In-Ears which were gifted to me - but the output when paired with the clip is very low. (The Bose performs well with the PC however).

Thanks in advance!

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 14
15 is out of your budget?

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 14
hmmmmmmmmm....

Budget stuff I've heard that would work for you:

SkullCandy Ink'd (10 when I bought them)
Koss KSC75 My recommendation unless you want IEMs for sure just go to radio shack
JVC Marshmallows at WalMart for 19 bucks

Nov 4, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #6 of 14
The Marshmallows are supposed to have a lot of bass though..
I have the Air Cushions, which are said to have less bass, but still I find that it is too much for me. Might be something you want to consider as well?

Nov 4, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #7 of 14
I see. Yeah.. on the Clip I'm more than happy with the bass levels using the stock earbuds and the EQ set to increased lows.

It's the mids and highs I want enhanced. And less muddyness overall

Nov 4, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #8 of 14
Hmm...a bit hard at your price maximum.

I'll have to second the KSC75s. Soundstage is surprising. Highs a bit harsh, but should be OK if you're EQing for bass emphasis. You'll lose a good deal of the bass on the 75s outdoors to leakage, but again, the EQ should help that out.

Nov 4, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #9 of 14
I'm after pretty much the same. Wont be my main headphones as I'll usually use my HD25 cans but want some in ears for when I go somewhere and want something I can just pocket with no worries.

Mainly thinking towards CX300 or Marshmallows. Want to keep cost low as wont be my main 'phones.

What is the difference between the JVC HA-FX33 and HA-FX34? I'm guessing the FX34 is the newer replacement for the FX33...

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #11 of 14
Hmm.. this KSC75 seems to be a universal choice. Since I've never worn those type of earphones, are they really comfortable when compared to earbuds?

And how durable are they? I get really irritated when some earbud conks out just due to weak wiring!

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #12 of 14
i personally never tried the ksc75's but A LOT of ppl LOVE THEM. if u look for reviews on amazon, there are tons of reviews for it. i have the air cushions, and to me, they are very good for the money, possibly one of the best cheap one u can find with pretty good isolation and sound quality. i found my pair for about 20 bucks on amazon. or just look around. it might be cheaper now since i bought mine a while back. maybe, maybe not.

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #14 of 14
Thanks people.. Have got enough info to start shopping. Will wait till Black Friday for some hot deals though.

Question, in case u know: is there any specific site that lists hot deals on earphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back