Cheap Durable Full Sized Headphones under US$50 - Part 2 :P
Jun 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

M1thr4nd1r

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Almost 3 years ago I asked for you knowledge to recommend me a headphone, and I eventually got the Sony MDR-XD200.
Now it's time for me to update my headphone again, and I need your help :p

My main issue with it is that with time the cable took some damage (it isn't broken, but faulty depending on how it is being used). So I heard about headphones with coiled cables, which, I think, makes them more resistant to this kind of damage. Another option would be wireless headphones, but I think they will end up being more expensive, and constantly charging an battery for a headphone is an issue to me.

I can go a little over the price tag, but wouldn't like to do so, mainly due to import taxes that I might pay for it. And I think that's all, if you guys need any other info, feel free to ask :wink:

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #8 of 10
From what I can tell from the pictures the mdr v555 earcups do seem smaller than the mdr xd200

Yep. Also looking for prices for the MDR-V6 I found out it won't be possible to get it (Amazon had the best price so far, and I think I can trust then with a used item, but it was around $100 bucks with shipping)

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 10

Yep. Also looking for prices for the MDR-V6 I found out it won't be possible to get it (Amazon had the best price so far, and I think I can trust then with a used item, but it was around $100 bucks with shipping)

Finding locally shouldn't be too hard , if its going to 100 , might as well get a new one locally ...I live in India and finding stuff here is very hard ..but the V6-7506 are easily available at music stores  

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #10 of 10

Finding locally shouldn't be too hard , if its going to 100 , might as well get a new one locally ...I live in India and finding stuff here is very hard ..but the V6-7506 are easily available at music stores  

Yeah, but in that case I need to check the price, since locally it might be even more expensive than importing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back