Cheap DAP- SQ not an issue
Jul 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

uglijimus

100+ Head-Fier
I know this sounds counterintuitive to post this hear, but my meizu DAP crapped out on me after 6 years of service. I want to get a cheap but reliable DAP just for listening to podcasts. I'm using my wife's slicK mp3 player which is OK, but a bit hard to navigate. I'm looking to spend no more than 25 USD if possible. Is there anything else out there besides sanDisk? not that I won't get it, but it just seems like the market is really limited in this price range.

thanks

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 5
I know this sounds counterintuitive to post this hear, but my meizu DAP crapped out on me after 6 years of service. I want to get a cheap but reliable DAP just for listening to podcasts. I'm using my wife's slicK mp3 player which is OK, but a bit hard to navigate. I'm looking to spend no more than 25 USD if possible. Is there anything else out there besides SanDisk? not that I won't get it, but it just seems like the market is really limited in this price range.

thanks

I would say to up your budget a little and get a red Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip off Amazon for $35.
Install the free firmware Rockbox.

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 5
I know this sounds counterintuitive to post this hear, but my meizu DAP crapped out on me after 6 years of service. I want to get a cheap but reliable DAP just for listening to podcasts. I'm using my wife's slicK mp3 player which is OK, but a bit hard to navigate. I'm looking to spend no more than 25 USD if possible. Is there anything else out there besides sanDisk? not that I won't get it, but it just seems like the market is really limited in this price range.

thanks

There aren't really other options in your price range worth looking in too. There are cheap MP4 players on eBay though I highly recommend you don't bother with, they have terrible firmware and cheap batteries that run for no more than an hour. Your real option is as PurpleAngel stated, Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+. I would lean towards Clip Zips bigger screen for ease of use.  As long they've been around still in 2014 nothing can touch the Sansa units at their price point,s especially if you purchase a refurb from one of the many eBay / Amazon sellers.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back