1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap DAP iPod Classic size with L/O

1. god-bluff
    Hi As the title suggests I am after a quite specific player.

With the demise of my remaining iPod Classic (after selling my other one!) I am after an mp3 player to use exclusively with my Graham Slee Voyager amp. This old amp was designed almost specifically for the Classic being the exact same size in terms of height and width. It fitted perfectly in the slightly recessed top. I would therefore like a player that is close as possible (could be fractionally smaller) to these dimensions (103.5mm x 82mm).

It would also need a proper decent quality line out. Sound quality via line out as good as Classic.

There are so many options especially cheap Chinese players which might be suitable. Must be well under £100 or equivalent

Not bothered about UI or battery life or even build quality as my main DAP will remain the Sony NWZ A15. That's a fine player used alone or connected digitally bur its analogue line out is pathetic

This combo of cheap player and Voyager would be used to occasionally power my Sennheiser HD600 and HD25 around the house only.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help

2. god-bluff
    I've seen the HifiWalker H2 not far off in size, looks good but that's a bit pricey at the moment.

Also AGPTEK HIFI Mp3 £99 but don't know much about that

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  3. god-bluff
    Ah well, nevermind.

Any road, in the great scheme of things... Who gives a fig?!?

4. god-bluff
    Decided on.. ..,, ,:,, ... ,, ...,, , ,..........,, ::,, ;;;¬¬;,,,, ,..... The...... ..
    .... Da da.......... Wait for........ It.......... Cue: ‍♂️ Drum Roll...........
    ......very obvious .....,, , ,,,... .. . .... and VERY. .......... . .... .. .... ..... . . .. . VERY.... . ... . . ****wonderful°°°°°°... ;;;;;;.............. ....,,, , , SAFE choice , , , .............…….............. :::::::............ ., ,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,,,, , ... .. .. . . . .. ... .... ..Great sounding.................., , ,,,, :::::::%%:%%%%%%%%............. .......... ......... not so brilliantly designed...............,, , , ,, , , ......... . **.................. BUT.?! ! ?!?! ? .............,, , , ........ ... . . ... ...., , ,,,,,, who.... CARES! !?!? ? ... . . . ......... ......…... ;;;;;;,,,,,,,,,, ,..... ......
    .... ........ ....... ..., ,,,,, , , , ,,,,,......
    ........ ... .. , , , ,, ,,. ...... ......... . ... .. . ..
    .... Colorfly C3 :)

EDIT changed my mind search continues.......

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  5. god-bluff
    Sticking with my Sony A15 for now. Using the (now uncapped) headphone out which is considerably stronger than the line out!?!

Double amping or not its driving my HD600s very nicely at around 50% volume on the amp 25/30 volume Walkman. The Voyager remains a superb portable amp for the Sennheiser and other higher impedence headphones. Highly recommended for anyone who might be interested (unlikely :) )

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  6. god-bluff
    HiFi Walker H2 in the end on a warehouse deal.

Surprising quality of build design and sound. Highly rated by most normal well adjusted and non biased ie non Headfi people on Amazon etc

Most importantly for me has a fine and proper line out for my purposes

If there was any justice and viewed on quality rather than hype this would be as popular on ere as some of the Fiio devices on here.

Better than my BOS (bag o'sh*te) X3(congested dull soynding and appallingly designed rubbish) I briefly owned by a large matgin:) certainly

Anyway thanks for everyone's help over the last 8 months..... Not?!?!?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018