cheap DAP + Earbuds for boarding?
Nov 9, 2008 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eiop

Head-Fier
Okay, so I took my 6gig Sony NW-1000 up to the slopes with me, and after a couple of times the hard drive stopped working. I replaced it with a A818, but I'm not too keen on bringing THAT and my Atrio M5's with me. Why? Well, I don't want to mess up my A818, and I don't want to ruin my IEMs. Plus, isolation isn't that great when your buddies are trying to contact you via two-way radio.

So here's the dilemma.

I've been looking into cheapo players. The Sansa Clip came to mind, as did the 1G Shuffle, but I was wondering if any of you guys know of any more that don't sound horrible? For the earbuds, how would the Yuin PK3's do? Once again, I'm not rolling with IEM's or anything with a headband.

Thanks.

Nov 9, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Sounds like you already have a good combo envisioned with the clip/pk3 so just try it out!

Nov 9, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Sansa clips are very nice and they sound great. They are compact yet pack many features and even have a display and custom eq. As far as earbud selection, sorry can't help you there since I'm new to the portable audio area as well.

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 5
at the moment im doing clip + supplied earbuds or cheapo sony buds because audio quality on the slopes isnt that important anywho. i keep the volume rather low so i can hear the people around me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back