cheap dac that has usb input and audio input?
Dec 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

doxology

Head-Fier
is there a cheap dac similar to the HM-101 in price that has the usb input and an audio cable input? i can't seem to find one that does both for under $100 let alone under $50 like the HM-101. any opinions are welcome and even if it is more expensive i would like the opportunity to look into all options so recommendations are most welcome.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 5
the Emu doesn't seem very affordable at what appears to be $200 and the Behringer that I could find doesn't really seem to be what I am looking for. I stumbled across the d-zero but it was a tad more than I wanted to spend but looks like a viable option. i was hoping for suggestions more along the lines of something like the d-zero but was wondering if there was anything a tad bit less expensive. figured this would be a good place to get recommendations. kind of suprised more suggestions haven't been mentioned. isn't there more options out there than a small handful?

Quote:
Emu0404 and there is also another one something from Behringer.

Dec 11, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 5
Well, "audio cable input" isn't very descriptive nor defining in the least, but if you mean that you want a line-in (unbalanced, stereo RCA line input), the Behringer UCA-202 sounds like it would fit.  But I suppose that's what you already looked at and didn't like.

You know, more specific requirements and perhaps better wording would help people identify what exactly it is you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back