Cheap AMP or DAC for desktop?

1. Sarita Coshaa
    Well i have an ASRock G41M-VS3 R2.0 (VIK Vinyl chip), on-board audio sounds very loud and EQ is quite nice but overall sound is still sounding quite mudded, "nasal" and flat with high pitch at some point.

Until now i've always had motherboards with Realtek chips and all them sounded pretty neat, first time im using this one and i already regret it.

So i dont need anything from top tier at all, quite contrary, just something to make bass quite more noticeable and to make everything sounds like its supposed to.

What do you recommend? I can spare some $45 USD.

Thanks.

Edit. Put my eye on a Fiio K1, is it good enough? Also Fiio A1 which is a bit cheaper.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Grimbles
    2nd hand audioquest dragonfly?

3. Sarita Coshaa
    couldnt find any for lower than 110 dollars, tahnks tho

4. Grimbles
    I managed to get the v1.2 on ebay (uk) for £50

5. ahmadfaizadnan
    Used Schiit fulla 2. Although, it's quite rare to see people selling their fulla.

6. PurpleAngel Contributor
    For a $45 budget, FiiO K1 makes sense.

7. PlantsmanTX
  8. Sarita Coshaa
    For the same price i can buy a SAP-5, is it better? or is the Fiio K1 better?

9. PlantsmanTX
    The SAP-5 is just a power amp. It has no DAC. The same is true of the Fiio A1.

Is the X4 better? I can't say. It was one of the ones I considered when I was looking for a small amp/dac. I ended up getting the higher-priced SMSL iDEA. In terms of specs, the X4 puts out more power, but other than that, they seem pretty similar.

10. harry501501