cheap ($30-$70) earbud/canalphone solution for iRiver h320
Jul 21, 2008 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

moonblade

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I didn't know whether to post here or in portable source gear so I posted in both forums (first time on head-fi, apologies)... so here goes:

I have an iRiver h320 with a mostly dead battery; assuming I don't brick it replacing the batteries, what would you recommend as a cheap, fairly good sounding earbud/canalphone solution ($30-$70 ideally)? Not entirely averse to a haedphone amp, assuming its small and cheap (e.g. FiiO).

Thanks in advance...

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 8
Depends on how much you're willing to spend =P. Recently, I saw a pair of Altec Lansing Earphones on CompUSA.com for about 50 dollars (I read on here that that they were possibly a pair of UE Metro Fi 2's rebranded as they do look like them). You could also check out some Sony's, or Sennheiser CX300's (If you like a ton of bass, but I'm sure your EQ settings might take care of that). Oh and as they say on Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet!
rolleyes.gif

Jul 21, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 8
I recommend the Crossroads Mylarone X3i. There are a ton of reviews round the forum and many think they are very good bang for buck. I love my pair but my only gripe is the bad build quality. Had to get 2 replacements now, Uncle Wilson was really nice about it though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the responses...

XEN, the mylarones seem a bit fragile for my taste...

Having read through these forums, the two earphones I am most strongly considering are the Denon C551 and Yuin OK3; both seem good and are available for ~$60. Any thoughts on which would be better? Anyone used both? Also, are there any other phones I should be considering for $50-$80? (RE2, super.fi 3, ATH-CK7?)

If it makes any difference, I tend to listen to classic and progressive rock; last four bands to play were Led Zepellin, Dream Theater, The Who, and Muse.

Again, thanks in advance...

Jul 25, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #6 of 8
Buds: Sennheiser MX400 ($10), Panasonic RP-HV280 ($6 Amazon). Clips on: KSC75 ($12, every HeadFier should have these). Unless you need thumping bass these are refined and balanced phones. I should tell you I listen to classical music so my good may be your evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back