Charlotte, NC mini-meet - PHOTOS ADDED
Aug 14, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #16 of 61
I'm in. But I'm playing with two bands that weekend, so only issue is if the band playing Labor Day needs another rehearsal on Sunday. But I've been pushing to practice on Saturday, so hopefully I'll be OK.

I'll bring RWA Isabella which is a battery operated tube pre, internal new-old-stock dac, internal headamp. I'll have a set of hd-650s, but invite others to try their cans in this unit. Source will be Macbook via USB.

I can also bring a RWA Signature 30.2 amp if anyone wants to drive K1000s, but someone else will need to bring the Ks, I sold mine to help fund the Isabella.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Kent

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 61
As of now I am planning to attend.

AlwaysWantMore: I can bring my K1000s.

In addition to hauling our head-fi gear for others to audition, should we bring basic stuff such as folding tables and chairs as well as extension cords?

Also, should we pack our own lunch or are there group lunch possibilities on a Sunday such as take out?

Aug 14, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #18 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As of now I am planning to attend.

AlwaysWantMore: I can bring my K1000s.

In addition to hauling our head-fi gear for others to audition, should we bring basic stuff such as folding tables and chairs as well as extension cords?

Also, should we pack our own lunch or are there group lunch possibilities on a Sunday such as take out?

Great. I know Danny has a pair too. For anyone who has not heard Ks driven by good equipment (in a quiet listening environment), they should enjoy the experience.

Anyone bringing AKG 701s/702s or Senn HD-800s?

Aug 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #19 of 61
Hi all, top cans on my wish list to hear are

hd 800s, which is see tosehee has if he makes it from GA

I also want to spend more time with AKG 701 or 2s, because I'm thinking of purchasing a pair. Vinnie is willing to send me his personal pair for the meet. Is anyone that plans to attend going to have 701/2? I'd like to save the shipping costs if someone can bring them and doen't mind me spending some time with them.

Thanks, Kent

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all, top cans on my wish list to hear are

hd 800s, which is see tosehee has if he makes it from GA

I also want to spend more time with AKG 701 or 2s, because I'm thinking of purchasing a pair. Vinnie is willing to send me his personal pair for the meet. Is anyone that plans to attend going to have 701/2? I'd like to save the shipping costs if someone can bring them and doen't mind me spending some time with them.

Thanks, Kent

I am planning on attending and can bring my stock K701s.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #21 of 61
I do not have Woo6 any more. i sold it a while back. Sorry.

Also, there is Atlanta meet at same weekend. If this is going to happen (looks like it as it stands), then I do not think I can attend two in a same weekend.

Sorry, but maybe next time. if the Atlanta meetup falls through, i will try to make this one.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #24 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am planning on attending and can bring my stock K701s.

Super. I'll tell Vinnie to save the shipping cost. Kent

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #25 of 61
I can't promise this yet, but since I am meeting Googlephone this week, I might be able to skip the Atlanta meetup and join this meetup instead.

I will let you know as things are more solid. This place is quite far distance, so I need to sort of plan it out.

Regards

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #26 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't promise this yet, but since I am meeting Googlephone this week, I might be able to skip the Atlanta meetup and join this meetup instead.

I will let you know as things are more solid. This place is quite far distance, so I need to sort of plan it out.

Regards

Wow! the choice of two meets on the same weekend. I wonder how many other Head-Fiers have run into that dilemma.

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #27 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! the choice of two meets on the same weekend. I wonder how many other Head-Fiers have run into that dilemma.

Yeah. I didn't expect this at all myself.

I am leaning toward this one because Atlanta meetup isn't too far away for me and I can always try to attend the next one. However, this meeting is rather unusual opportunity to demo the Woo 2 which I am very interested in.

In any rate, I am planning for this meetup, but don't quote me on that yet.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #30 of 61
Rockhopper Beta 22 (balanced)
KGSS
Redwine 30.2
CARY Exciter (Special Upgrades)
HD650 Balanced
Stax O2
Jade Electrostatic Headphones
Grado HP2i (Special Joe Grado Edition)
AKG K1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back