changing music formats?!
May 26, 2005 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ohms12

New Head-Fier
hey there... iw as wondering if anybody has had this problem... i have itunes at the mo, and need to transfer a lot of music onto sonicstage. the problem is that a lot of the cds i have burned to the computer etc and that i no longer have, have been encoded using mpeg4 (itunes seems to like it. grr) and i want to put those songs into sonicstage. but obviously it doesnt support that format. im struggling to find any software that will change the format! i would prefer something free..but hey, who knows. would appreciate the help!

May 26, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Yeah, I had the problem with WMA to MP3. Now I'm on AAC.
wink.gif

You can always use iTunes to convert the AAC/MP4 to WAV/AIFF or if your player natively supports MP3, MP3. If you don't want to use iTunes give this a shot.

Just keep in mind transcoding will sacrifice quality a bit, but if you up the bitrates you should be fine.

May 26, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 3
I had a similiar issue with a few of my songs that were in AAC format. I used iTunes to convert to WAV, then just used SonicStage to convert from WAV to ATRAC (or use a different encoder to convert to mp3 if you can/want to use that format).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back