Changing headphones: Sennheiser HD 429 or something else?
Nov 5, 2012 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nomei

New Head-Fier
Hello.
I have to change my Creative Aurvana Live because they're broken. What can you say about Sennheiser HD 429 ? Are they better than CAL ? Destination: for games and music.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello.
I have to change my Creative Aurvana Live because they're broken. What can you say about Sennheiser HD 429 ? Are they better than CAL ? Destination: for games and music.

Heya,

How about you give us your maximum budget. I would steer you away from the HD429, or any low end Sennheiser frankly.

Did you like your CAL! or was there something about it you would like to improve upon or change to? What are your sonic preferences?

Very best,

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes I did enjoy with my CAL! (I used them for 5 years) but I think the bass wasn't enough for me - a little stronger would be good.
My maximum budget is about 80$.
Why steer away from HD 429? What's wrong with them exactly?
I'm listening rock, pop and drum&bass.

Nov 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 4
If you though the CAL! wasn't bassy enough, I wouldn't go for the HD429 either. Even with two holes uncovered with the bass mod, the bass barely matches the quantity of the CAL!. Three holes would give a little more, but it becomes really loose and farty. 

At that price range, I'd suggest the Downtowns, they seem to be compared quite favourably to the CAL! here http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-citiscape-downtown. From personal listening experience, they do have a nicer low end, it's much more plump and impactful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back