Chair / Seat for headphone listening
Jan 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 36
I'm a steelcase leap person. Much better then the Aeron imo
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #17 of 36
I use My AK Octane PC Gaming Chair. It's the only chair in My Master Bedroom, so not many options but works just fine. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #18 of 36
An Ikea POÄNG might be what you're looking for. I bought one with a footstool to use for reading and headphone listening and find it supremely comfortable. It's also quite a bit cheaper than some of the other recommendations in this thread.

Jan 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 36
I knew I could always count on head-fiers for quality feedback
smily_headphones1.gif
a few more thoughts:

when it comes to headphones and related items, I ALWAYS START HERE (and I did do a search on this topic and unfortunatley couldn't find anything...)
o2smile.gif

computer chair: I am <sort of> in the market for one...I hear the Steelcase Think is amazing. anyone tried it?

the "perfect chair" looks *AMAZING* wow I would certainly like to try it out first...I wonder if they have a good return policy?
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #20 of 36
The Perfect Chair ........... is perfect!  
smile_phones.gif
  (new owner)  

Headphone bliss because the pillow is small and neck-area type ... no interference with 'phone vents--or it's not used and that feels great too.

Eames Lounge and Ottoman very nice too ... nicer, but really in a different league of chair.  Bliss too, in a 50s way.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #21 of 36
For those on a budget: Ikea Pello.

Its very comfortable, has a slight springy, rocking feel to it. Perfect for headphone listening, and sleeping if you get too relaxed.

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #22 of 36
I noticed there is a lot of knock off herman miller eames lounge chair. How do they compare to the real thing?

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #24 of 36

I love this chair :)
And so does my camouflage-cat...

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #25 of 36
Well,
at the moment I am sitting on the floor right in front of my listening equipement.

But I am dreaming of a Le Corbusier LC4

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #26 of 36

I love this chair :)
And so does my camouflage-cat...

Sorry to bring this very old topic up, but i'm currently in the middle of building my "listening corner" I would be having 13" Asus ultrabook, HD800S and decent AMP/DAC combo. Small tables on the left and right for my equipment. 

I am thinking about this chair from Ikea. Is it comfortable in the longer periods of time? Or should i look for Poäng- lineup for more "lean pack" sitting position?  And ofcourse, i would be getting footrest to match with the chair.

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #27 of 36

This looks interesting !

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #28 of 36
Check out the chairs at IKEA. 

Good call! I have this inexpensive Ikea chair:

which I bought while rejigging my computer ergonomics- I needed one with a decent maximum height, that wasn't falling to bits. It has a decent spring-loaded slight recline, comfy with your feet up and full-sized headphones on, and is also sensible for sitting up like an adult at a desk, doing computer stuff. I'm 6 ft 2, so wanted a decent back height and head rest, to avoid the feel of economy airline seats where the headrest just pokes me between the shoulders.

It's far better than the price would suggest, I was very pleasantly surprised. Worth a look!

Aug 14, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #29 of 36
My wife bought a chair called "Flash Furniture BT-7821-PALIMINO-GG Contemporary Palimino LeatherSoft Upholstery Recliner/Ottoman with Swiveling Mahogany Wood Base" at Amazon(dot)com. Was only here a week before I claimed it and put it in the office, lol. It's that comfortable. I'd post a link but I'm not able to yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back