Chair :D
Apr 4, 2005 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ReasonablyLucid

500+ Head-Fier
Ive seen people put some bass shakers on a chair here before. How do I beat that?

Put more
biggrin.gif

DSCF0252.JPG

DSCF0253.JPG

DSCF0254.JPG

Using a modded JBL BassWave amp for the shakers

DSCF0244.JPG

I think I overdid it a little. When im not sitting in my chair and music is playing the chair is jumping slightly off the ground and moves around my chairmat
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 20
How is the effect of the bass shakers in general?

Apr 4, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
How is the effect of the bass shakers in general?

IMO it makes everything better with headphones. Becuase now the sound can be felt instead of just being injected into your ears.

The bass feels a little muddy but thats just becuase of all the padding on this chair. I had them on a previous chair and it felt more clear, but it was a lot less comfortable because you were nearly sitting on the wood
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 9:17 AM Post #5 of 20
do you use your Skull Crushers headphones with the chair?

lol

Apr 4, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 20
A question for anyone who might know.

Right now these are wired in series:
(Imagine a circle)
Amp --- Shaker50w --- shaker25w --- shaker25w --- shaker50 --- amp

It feels like the last one in the line doesn't work as well as the others. Is this because the amp is underpowered for the shakers or would rewiring them help?
If I put them all wired in parallel the impedance is far too low and it causes the amp to overheat and shut down (impedance is 2ohm when they are in parallel, 16ohm in series)

What about wiring them like this, would it cause any adverse effects?

Shaker50w --- Shaker50w
................................... > Amp
Shaker25w --- Shaker25w

Wire 2 shakers in series but the 2 sets connected in parallel?

Apr 5, 2005 at 9:50 AM Post #9 of 20
Considering the demands on your amp, I would buy another one. Only use one per channel...so if that amp is a stereo you need another one. Wiring them in series keeps the 4ohm impedance, but you loose output.

Apr 5, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necros
Considering the demands on your amp, I would buy another one. Only use one per channel...so if that amp is a stereo you need another one. Wiring them in series keeps the 4ohm impedance, but you loose output.

Well... Do you have a recomendation for a *small* sub amp?
I transport it often so small is a requirement
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
Bump, anyone have an answer?

what's the impedance of each one?

and no, wiring in series/parallel has no adverse effects, it's a very common wiring scheme in audio.

Jun 15, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 20
Alright time to revive my thread with a question. I want an adjustable low pass filter for the sound on this. The amp has a hardwired one at 125hz right now but I would like to decrease that.
Is there such thing as an inline adjustable low pass filter?
Or taking a page from car audio... would using an electronic crossover device work? Most of those have an adjustable low pass filter on them for a sub.

Also... would putting a filter device before the amp (which has a hardwired one) have any adverse effects? (example: filtering the signal twice).

Jun 19, 2005 at 10:07 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
Alright time to revive my thread with a question. I want an adjustable low pass filter for the sound on this. The amp has a hardwired one at 125hz right now but I would like to decrease that.
Is there such thing as an inline adjustable low pass filter?
Or taking a page from car audio... would using an electronic crossover device work? Most of those have an adjustable low pass filter on them for a sub.

Also... would putting a filter device before the amp (which has a hardwired one) have any adverse effects? (example: filtering the signal twice).

Last bump before I give up
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back