Chaintech AV-710 FS on EBay
May 24, 2005 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

andrew3199

500+ Head-Fier
For anyone intrested, I just found the AV-710 for sale on EBay Here for $19, the only thing is the guy wants $8 for shipping
blink.gif
blink.gif

May 24, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #3 of 12
You can also get it from ZipZoomFly for $26 with free 2nd day air.

For a card this cheap, there's no reason not to get a new card from a reputable reseller.

May 25, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghlu
I think chiefvalue.com is the same company as newegg.com since their systems are so similar.

...What? those two web sites dont look a like at all. That site is just a designated computer site, it doesnt mean that newegg owns it. Almost all dedicated computer sites have the same categories and other basic things like that.

May 25, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
...What? those two web sites dont look a like at all. That site is just a designated computer site, it doesnt mean that newegg owns it. Almost all dedicated computer sites have the same categories and other basic things like that.

Well, if you've ordered from both companies you'll see that the emails they sent out are almost identical (including the 5-step process). Also they are the only two companies selling Rosewill products, which I believe is a newegg.com house brand. So to me they have at least some kind of relationships, if not the same company. But feel free to disagree with me.

May 25, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Also they are the only two companies selling Rosewill products, which I believe is a newegg.com house brand.

Soltek too I believe...

May 25, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Well, if you've ordered from both companies you'll see that the emails they sent out are almost identical (including the 5-step process). Also they are the only two companies selling Rosewill products, which I believe is a newegg.com house brand. So to me they have at least some kind of relationships, if not the same company. But feel free to disagree with me.

What do you mean their emails are almost exactly the same? Like from the same address? I really dont think newegg has any subsidiaries because they would have been identified a long time ago by the average joe consumer.

May 25, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
What do you mean their emails are almost exactly the same? Like from the same address? I really dont think newegg has any subsidiaries because they would have been identified a long time ago by the average joe consumer.

Not from the same address, but the formats are very similar. When you order from newegg you'll receive 5 emails from them: order information, billing, address verification, fedex tracking number, and the final invoice. Chiefvalue does the exact same thing. And apart from the final invoice which is HTML based, the first 4 are plain text email.

There are actually some people discussing this in some deal site forums. So far only speculations, no hard evidence on the relationships between these two companies, but I tend to believe these two are related. That said, both are fine companies and I've had no trouble ordering from any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back