Cetoole Joins Team Sturzhelm: Thanks Guys!
Jan 2, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #16 of 28
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

They do look great. Happy listening
jecklinsmile.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 28
Man, I'm just glad they finally showed up. I was starting to wonder...

Jan 2, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, I've always pictured you as the guy in your avatar.
tongue.gif

Add me to that list!
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #20 of 28
Happy New Year, welcome to team juggernaut. I am sorry about it being a little late, the other package idea got scrapped because things were getting out of budget and getting consent was proving difficult. If it helps, Nikongod was almost solicited to show up in her place with his own R10s.
jecklinsmile.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know if that is a compliment or not either. Not sure what you mean by a portable bomber rig either, but as I said before, no explosives, not yet. I have at least a few months until I may have a chance for that. They definitely feel star trek'esque, I feel like Locutus of Borg while wearing them. Too bad I am in the wrong unimatrix for Seven o... off topic.

didnt mean anything by the comment about them suiting you. they just dont look as weird on you as what I thought they would look like. so in that way, they must suit you. a 'bomber rig' is one of the bomb like collections of portable equipment strapped together with bands and cables. it tends to look like you are carrying a bomb. hehe yes the borg thats it; nice one. i'm interested in further impressions at a later time; not that i'm interested in getting any myself. but I just know that from my experience with K1000 that placement on your head is key to getting good sound. stevekelby actually uses his K1000 in conjunction with a subwoofer to add low bass because there is absolutely no isolation you can hear it as well as feel it. I figured they would have a huge soundstage; like K1000 the soundstage on them was very very impressive.

Jan 2, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #22 of 28
congrats Colin, it's good to see the people benefitting from your designs taking care of you! And they do help your looks...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #24 of 28
Really nice gift, from a bunch of really friendly Head-Fi'ers. Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

They fit you like a glove...

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #25 of 28
Congratulation and thank you, Colin.

I just finished casing up my two Mini-Maxes to join my two Maxes, all of which would not have been possible without your efforts. They all bring me great joy. I hope the Jeklins bring you enjoyment as well. (I hear that they are also a babe magnet!
devil_face.gif
Good Luck!)

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #27 of 28
Manaox, if you are referring to who and what I think you are, I dont know that nikongod would be a suitable replacement. Come on, Sony's?
o2smile.gif

Wilcox, I would be interested (maybe) in seeing the kind of babe these attract. I would have thought it more a restraining order magnet if one was to start hitting on babes in public while wearing them.
jecklinsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faust2D /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jecklinsmile.gif
Nice headphones man. I regret selling my pair, but I like my SR-Sigma and QP85 better. Here is my review, I hope it mirrors your finding.

Interesting, reasonably similar overall to how I see the Float 2, and of course, the issues I have with the sound are indeed when playing metal. I cant fully agree with your findings, because I have never tried either the QP85 (almost bought once), and never even seen Sigmas.

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #28 of 28
The Jecklin Float Model 2 was a headphone that I was deeply deeply in love with for a very long time, even after I supplanted it with technologically superior models there was something about its sound (which really isn't up to much, its rolled off at both ends, slightly confused, slightly diffuse, lacks slam, and fails in critical terms at two things I usually fuss about, tibre and resonance) but yet... I loved it, I really did, I only sold it because I realised that I was listening to it so seldomly, the thing is, when I did listen to it, it was never anythign but wonderful for me. It really was a true case of unconditional love and I now very much regret selling it. I hope that for you it brings even a fraction of the pleasure mine brought me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back