Cetoole Joins Team Sturzhelm: Thanks Guys!
Dec 31, 2008 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

cetoole

1000+ Head-Fier
A strange, half crushed (but dont worry) package arrived for me today from The Netherlands. Strange, I didnt order anything from there, and to my knowledge, never have. I opened it up, and what do I find inside but a pair of Jecklin Float Model Two headphones! I almost missed the note in the bottom of the box, as it was hidden under a flap of cardboard, but thanks especially to amphead, BuilermakerFan, pabbi1, ruZZ.il, soloz2, Beefy, bperboy, joneeboi, rds, slowpogo, FallenAngel, digger945, fordgtlover, manaox2, vixr, Gross, WilCox, royewest, elliot42, Daveze, qusp, lordvader, stevenkelby, SACD-MAN, and pinkfloyd4ever. A pair of 300B tubes are in my future, but man, I am definitely holding on to these. No idea how you guys managed to dig a pair up though.

And because these forums dont have nearly enough Float pics, here goes! Sorry, natural light just isnt a possibility down in the Toole abode, not without the use of high explosives (and while you guys seriously rock, I am not going through all that for a marginally better photo).
cetoolefloats.jpg

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 28
Awesome Colin! After reading the comments in my e-mail, I didn't think they would get there yet. :wink:
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #13 of 28
Yeah, quick impressions post for those paired with something good.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #14 of 28
they look great colin; really suits you. I dont know whether thats a compliment or not... you decide
tongue.gif
very geek sheek LOL. congrats man you've been a great help to me and everyone else; so you deserve it I hiope you enjoy them.
jecklinsmile.gif
I've often wondered how the floats look pictured the way they are intended. I dare you to go down the local shops with a portable bomber rig and those on. hehe that I would pay to see.:... hang-on.. I did pay to see that
tongue.gif
they really must sound brilliant to be so sought after. very star trek'esque. sorry I only just noticed this thread. happy new year dude.
beerchug.gif
floatsmile.png
jecklinsmile.gif
sorry for the gratuitous use of emoticons

Jan 2, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, I've always pictured you as the guy in your avatar.
tongue.gif
Merry Christmas.
normal_smile .gif

Yeah, not at all. That is actually GRW19, from years ago. Joke that I never bothered changing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a cool gift for a great DIY icon...enjoy

Ok, now I am blushing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha! They suit you.
wink.gif
Enjoy.

Whaddayamean by that?
jecklinsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, quick impressions post for those paired with something good.

Impressions, hmm. Feels weird listening to music on dynamic headphones. I honestly have no idea how to wear these, is the rear foam supposed to go right at the back of my ears, or be back further? Sounds kinda odd on the upper end, bit rough in the upper mids, though I seem to be pretty sensitive to this. My musical preferences dont help either. They sound though completely different than any of my other headphones, dynamic or ortho. Bass is good, but not much impact, probably because there is absolutely no seal. Definitely a very mids-centric headphone. Midbass to mids sounds great though, just lovely. While the soundstage is out of this world for headphones, unfortunately, I really dont have music which has a soundstage to speak of. If I were to guess at the FR, based on my listening of the headphones I have which HR has measured and listening to the floats, I would guess the basic FR would look similar to some of the mid level grados, though this is a very, very uncontrolled test. Remember, I dont actually have any grados, and similar FR doesnt mean they sound the same at all, which makes this probably one of the dumbest impressions I have ever posted. Darker though, rolled off low bass, hump in upper mid bass, spike in upper mids, rolled off treble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they look great colin; really suits you. I dont know whether thats a compliment or not... you decide
tongue.gif
very geek sheek LOL. congrats man you've been a great help to me and everyone else; so you deserve it I hiope you enjoy them.
jecklinsmile.gif
I've often wondered how the floats look pictured the way they are intended. I dare you to go down the local shops with a portable bomber rig and those on. hehe that I would pay to see.:... hang-on.. I did pay to see that
tongue.gif
they really must sound brilliant to be so sought after. very star trek'esque. sorry I only just noticed this thread. happy new year dude.
beerchug.gif
floatsmile.png
jecklinsmile.gif
sorry for the gratuitous use of emoticons

I dont know if that is a compliment or not either. Not sure what you mean by a portable bomber rig either, but as I said before, no explosives, not yet. I have at least a few months until I may have a chance for that. They definitely feel star trek'esque, I feel like Locutus of Borg while wearing them. Too bad I am in the wrong unimatrix for Seven o... off topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back