CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more
Jun 29, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #691 of 693

Left Channel

1000+ Head-Fier
A bit late but listen to Elton John's Captain Fantastic if you haven't already. The MQA version sounds like vinyl, especially the cut called Writing. Superb!

Thanks but wow you're replying to a very old post. I've since purchased a lot more equipment including an MQA DAC. I compared fully unfolded Tidal MQA to Qobuz Hi-Res streaming and HD Tracks Hi-Res downloads. I find MQA and other Hi-Res music equally good, so not sure MQA is worth all the trouble but I do enjoy helping other people set it up. I could go on, but you'll find many more posts from me throughout this thread and others.

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #692 of 693

gimmeheadroom

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks but wow you're replying to a very old post. I've since purchased a lot more equipment including an MQA DAC. I compared fully unfolded Tidal MQA to Qobuz Hi-Res streaming and HD Tracks Hi-Res downloads. I find MQA and other Hi-Res music equally good, so not sure MQA is worth all the trouble but I do enjoy helping other people set it up. I could go on, but you'll find many more posts from me throughout this thread and others.

Thanks, no need to go on. I am happy with MQA and it's quite cheap here, no brainer to be on Tidal hifi compared to anything else.

Jan 30, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #693 of 693

Jazz1

1000+ Head-Fier
Sorry to dig up old thread. But, I am trying to determine if there is a Apple BigSur OS 11.1 friendly version of AudioQuest's DragonFlyRed firmware updater out there. I went the AudioQuest site, and found the "AQ Device Manger" app. It will not run on macOS Big Sur 11.1 citing the developer needs to update the app. for security reasons.

Maybe, I've already don this in a earlier version of Mac OS? Tidal give me a choice to "pass through MQA", which I think means turn it off. Would this be an indicator that my DragonFlyRed is indeed working with Tidal's MQA?

Finally, I have a Schiit Asgard TrueMultibit on order. I know this doesn't support MQA. I mostly listen to music on Tidal. Should I hold out for an MQA compatible amp/DAC? I see Cambridge is coming out with one in February.

Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread