Cereal first? Or milk first?!
Jan 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #61 of 124
I'll take the weird with my crunchy cereal, thanks.

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #63 of 124
Definitely cereal first ...
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #66 of 124
I Must say, I'm very surprised at the results o_O...

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #67 of 124
Honestly, do whatever you are used to doing.
Just don't show your roomate this poll :D.

I pour cereal first recently, because I measure the amount of cereal I put into the bowl and the milk. Cereal into measuring cup, dump into bowl, and then milk into measuring cup. I believe in the past I also did cereal first, but eating breakfast wasn't a regular thing for me for many years.

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #68 of 124
Come to think about it, for cereals that go soggy quickly, eg. Weetabix, some types of Conflakes, etc. it might make sense to put the milk in first, unless you actually like soggy cereals. Obviously the milk first/last order makes little difference with 'soft' cereals such as muesli. The milk temperature is paramount in that case, ie. ice cold or not.

Jan 20, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #69 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My roommate thinks I'm a nutcase. I pour my milk into a bowl before I dump my cereal into it. Thats just the way I've always been doing it since I usually bring my cereal upstairs with me, I don't feel like bringing my liter of milk with me, so I just pour a certain amount and bring the cereal up with me. Makes sense doesn't it?!

No, too easy to spill the milk if you put only milk in your bowl only and take that and the cereal box upstairs with you. Why don't you just pour the cereal and milk and then take that upstairs instead of a sloppy bowl of milk? This has nothing to do with thinking outside the box, it has to do with rational logic and common sense.

Jan 20, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #71 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come to think about it, for cereals that go soggy quickly, eg. Weetabix, some types of Conflakes, etc. it might make sense to put the milk in first, unless you actually like soggy cereals. Obviously the milk first/last order makes little difference with 'soft' cereals such as muesli. The milk temperature is paramount in that case, ie. ice cold or not.

Weetabix is meant to be soggy. One of my favourite ways to eat it is to pour hot milk on it and lots of sugar and mix it all up into a porridge like consistency. Probably because that is what my mum fed us instead of Pablum when we were babies.

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #72 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Must say, I'm very surprised at the results o_O...

Yeah, me too.

To think: there are seven other people in the world who actually do this as well!!

Jan 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #73 of 124
cereal first, and once the milk is poured, no one is allowed to speak to me until i'm finished.

i'm very, VERY serious about my cereal.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #74 of 124
Another reason to go milk first. It makes your cereal holy. Its just like baptizing your cereal. You don't see Christians get into a tub and have water dumped all over them, instead they get dunked into a tub of pre-poured holy water
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back