Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi Fi SKYN
Jan 25, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #887 of 1,140
Just thinking of the Skyn doing double duty with my iPod 5g on the go but saving the iPod's battery at work and streaming audio from my work PC through the Skyn

Might be easier for you to just keep listening to the iPod/Skyn at work and using the PC to run a USB charging cord into the Skyn while you use it.

(Personally, I am waiting for the iPhone 6 model Skyn; then will decide whether to stock this product for my customers. The various sizes make it hard to decide whether to stock it at all. In any event, I'll have the one for folks in NYC to audition.)

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #889 of 1,140
Received iPod touch version, sounds great
How do we know about Skyn battery status?
Will LED indicator color change when battery is low?
How long does battery last(with and without charging iPhone) playing stored flac files?
Which full sized headphone is the perfect fit for skyn? Mine is HD650
Sorry about so many questions, Thanks in advance

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #890 of 1,140
  Received iPod touch version, sounds great
How do we know about Skyn battery status?
Will LED indicator color change when battery is low?
How long does battery last(with and without charging iPhone) playing stored flac files?
Which full sized headphone is the perfect fit for skyn? Mine is HD650
Sorry about so many questions, Thanks in advance

I have not tested for battery duration, which I assume would vary - I think an estimate number of hours was posted on the original Indiegogo page. The LED will blink when it is nearing empty.

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #891 of 1,140
iPhone 6 Plus user here.  Mine doesn't fit.  Seems others have the same issue.  Case showed up today without notice.  There was nothing else included except the case.  No charging cable, manual or anything else.  Was there suppose to be anything else included?  I would not have expected such a product or experience from CEntrance.  Hopefully there will be a fix/resolution for this.  

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #893 of 1,140
Mine doesn't fit, either (6S+).
I've been e-mailing CEntrance and posting on their Indiegogo page for 3 days now.
I did get a reply from Stacie today stating that they were looking into it. Again, as has been the case previously, it was a private email to me and nothing in the comments section of the Indiegogo page to address everyone else who has the same problem. 
If it weren't for the extremely long delays and certain other odd things that have happened during the campaign, I would be much more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a fix.  But as it stands, I have requested a refund and will gladly wash my hands of the whole ordeal and walk away without looking back.  I wish CEntrance luck, and I truly hope they have learned from this nightmare.  What I have learned, and to be fair it was with a lot of help from LH Labs' campaigns, is no more crowd-funding experiments for me.

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #894 of 1,140
That's really unfortunate folks. I really really hope that things work out ok for Centrance and their loyal patrons since the Skyn is truly a fantastic product. I just ordered an iPod to go along with my Skyn. Absolutely loving it ... though charging is a bit of a pain. I mean I prefer to charge the phone/iPod using the lightning cable as charging is a bit slow using the Skyn. Not a big issue though.

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #895 of 1,140
  That's really unfortunate folks. I really really hope that things work out ok for Centrance and their loyal patrons since the Skyn is truly a fantastic product. I just ordered an iPod to go along with my Skyn. Absolutely loving it ... though charging is a bit of a pain. I mean I prefer to charge the phone/iPod using the lightning cable as charging is a bit slow using the Skyn. Not a big issue though.

I was curious what people were doing with regards to charging. I had planned to try a few things, and to ask what technique would be suggested directly from CEntrance. But since others are encountering the issue, I'll post here what I do.

Thus far, I have only been able to get my iPhone 6+ to truly charge at high speed by turning on the Skyn. So it goes something like this:

1. Plug in USB charger. The Skyn starts to charge and so does the iPhone 6+.
  2. Once the Skyn is charged, the iPhone 6+ charge drops to a trickle (basically useless - hours later it still is not charged).
  3. Instead I unplug from the charger, turn on the Skyn and continue charging my iPhone 6+ from the Skyn battery.
  4. Plug back in the USB charger to top off the Skyn.

But my guess is someone else has a better way?

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #896 of 1,140
  I was curious what people were doing with regards to charging. I had planned to try a few things, and to ask what technique would be suggested directly from CEntrance. But since others are encountering the issue, I'll post here what I do.

Thus far, I have only been able to get my iPhone 6+ to truly charge at high speed by turning on the Skyn. So it goes something like this:

1. Plug in USB charger. The Skyn starts to charge and so does the iPhone 6+.
  2. Once the Skyn is charged, the iPhone 6+ charge drops to a trickle (basically useless - hours later it still is not charged).
  3. Instead I unplug from the charger, turn on the Skyn and continue charging my iPhone 6+ from the Skyn battery.
  4. Plug back in the USB charger to top off the Skyn.

But my guess is someone else has a better way?

I'm still waiting on the iPhone 6 version, but I hope someone figures out a better way. Otherwise, the battery charge cycle count for the Skyn will be unnecessarily high since it is always being used to charge the iPhone.

I suppose you can take it out of the case for charging, but that doesn't sound very user friendly.

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #897 of 1,140

I'm still waiting on the iPhone 6 version, but I hope someone figures out a better way. Otherwise, the battery charge cycle count for the Skyn will be unnecessarily high since it is always being used to charge the iPhone.

I suppose you can take it out of the case for charging, but that doesn't sound very user friendly.

For me, the iPhone 6+ is my only device that needs the Apple-proprietary (!@#$%) cable. So having the Skyn use USB is a plus - same charger for my Google tablet, Google phone, and now iPhone! But yes, I haven't yet found a way to simply bypass the Skyn and feed the full charge directly into the iPhone.

I will ask.

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #898 of 1,140
Seems from the campaign page that the issue is widespread with 6+ owners. Man, what a friggin' disaster that has been for all involved. What else can go wrong?

Oof, when it rains, it pours!

I wonder if the problem has anything to do with the slight difference in size between the 6+ (158.1mm x 77.8mm x 7.1mm) and the 6S+ (158.2mm x 77.9mm x 7.3mm). When the 6S was announced, Centrance said that the Skyn would fit both, so I assumed they knew about the slight difference in sizes (the 6 and the 6S are also slightly different) and tested both S and non-S to ensure fit.

@DannyBai you mentioned your phone is the 6+, not the 6S+? If that's the case then that theory is bunk, since it doesn't work with either the 6+ or the 6S+... and there really must be an issue with production.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #899 of 1,140

I wonder if the problem has anything to do with the slight difference in size between the 6+ (158.1mm x 77.8mm x 7.1mm) and the 6S+ (158.2mm x 77.9mm x 7.3mm). When the 6S was announced, Centrance said that the Skyn would fit both, so I assumed they knew about the slight difference in sizes (the 6 and the 6S are also slightly different) and tested both S and non-S to ensure fit.

@DannyBai
you mentioned your phone is the 6+, not the 6S+? If that's the case then that theory is bunk, since it doesn't work with either the 6+ or the 6S+... and there really must be an issue with production.

Yes mine is the 6+ only.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #900 of 1,140

@DannyBai you mentioned your phone is the 6+, not the 6S+? If that's the case then that theory is bunk, since it doesn't work with either the 6+ or the 6S+... and there really must be an issue with production.

What color is your case?
Curious if the colors have slightly different shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back